Chapter 1

Being in a new place in as something I always hated, my brother thought that by moving a lot I would be safer, but that was just a big joke. Over the years after my parents death my brother became Alpha of his own pack. Its a small pack, bit you could see that they had each others back. My brother would always try to keep me away from danger, but that was something hard, since danger would follow me everywhere.

-First Day of School-
Being the new girl in school is something I have had to deal with every year having a new home and a new school. Today was no different, I get out of Tyler's car, my brother's Beta, and walk up the stairs to the school entrance. I could already hear people whispering about 'Who is she?', 'Who are they?' or 'What are they doing with her?'; you see behind me I had 5 bodyguards, also known as Jackson's pack.

Being the only on the pack has its perks, but being the Alpha's younger sister not so much. That is why I have them; when we enter they go to their classes except Brian, since we have first period together.

Walking up to the door I prepare for the looks from everyone for being new; mustering up the courage I open the door of the classroom, stepping in the line of sight of everyone. The teacher asks "Why are you guys late?" I look around the classroom waiting for Brian to answer her. "Sorry, miss its that we are new so we get last." The teacher looks at us one more time before looking toward the class saying "Introduce yourselves." I look toward Brian asking him with my eyes if I could, when I see him nod.

I look toward the class and introduce us. "Hi, I'm Elizabeth and this is Brian." Looking around the classroom I saw someone who catches my eyes, with his blonde-brownish hair with a bad boy look kind of hairstyle, with those blue eyes and those lips that make you want to kiss them. When I realize I've been staring, I notice his smirk letting me know that hr caught me checking him out.

The teacher makes us sit on separated seats; I get seated beside beside the window and blondie . Through the whole class I feel someone staring at me when a note is placed on my desk, I open the note curious to see what it says.

'You wanna know something.' -Jace

I look beside me and see blondie smiling at me, going back to the note I write him back starting a conversation with him.

'What?' -Elizabeth
'Has anyone told you that you are pretty.'-Jace
'No, because I'm not pretty.'-Elizabeth
'Yes, you are Eli.'-Jace
'Its Elizabeth.'-Elizabeth
'Well, I'm calling you Elis.'-Jace
'Ohh, but you really think I'm pretty.'-Elizabeth
'Nope.'-Jace
'Then why did you call me pretty.'-Elizabeth
'Because you are beautiful.'-Jace

We realize that the bell rung letting us know that first period ended. I notice Brian coming over to us; when he reached us Jace was already getting up to leave when he saw Brian walking up to us he quickly left my side going to his next class. When Brian reaches Mr he looks mad, but what's weird is that his anger is directed to me.

"What in the world were you thinking?!" He finally asks me after we are in the hallways where apparently there is nobody. I stop walking to second period figuring I won't get there on time. "I asked you a questio-" Brain starts, but gets interrupted by Tyler; we have second period together since I didn't show up he came looking for me.

"Brian, what happened that Elizabeth didn't go to second period where she is supposed to be at right now?" Tyler asks curious on what's happened. I look at Brain and ask "Yeah Brian why are you mad that I'm not in second period?"

Brian looks at Tyler before answering "I caught a vampire scent and I thought it was the guy Elizabeth was talking to." The look Brain gets from Tyler means business and that means I might not be able to talk to nobody, again. Tyler then turns to me and asks "What were you doing talking to a stranger, especially a guy?" I get mad, they treat me like a 5 year old and that pisses me off. "I was trying to make friends and he looked human; besides I think Brain scared him off, so don't worry." I say letting them know how mad I am.

I decide that I've had enough and walk away to third period since second period is over. I wish my life was normal.