1.0

-Rewritten 05/12/17-
-Edited 01/08/18-

-Maison-

It smelled like sulfur, it burned every time I inhaled. I slowly stood looking around, it was dark and I only could see shadows of buildings, and trees. I covered my nose and mouth with hand and begin walking taking note of how far I was walking. 15 steps, 16, 17, I didn't know where I was going, I didn't know what I was looking for or where my Father would be, the smell of sulfur got stronger, it burned my eyes.

A cold chill goes through my body, I look around and that's when I notice the 7-foot tall faceless shadows. They didn't notice me and I was thankful, I turn back around quickening my pace. I use the top of my shirt to cover my mouth this time, looking around the darkness. It feels like I was walking forever and everything was moving slowly around me, I still counted where I was walking.

Then something grabs me, and it feels like acid on my bare skin. I scream pulling away looking around at the shadows, they seemed taller, and darker, but in one swift movement they were gone and a boy no taller than I was stood in front of me. He had a pale face, and dark red eyes.

"What are you doing here, who are you" I stared in awe, attempting not to inhale.

"M-Maison.... I am looking for my father" I say, he looks around before grabbing my hand and he starts running. Running so fast that my feet weren't touching the ground, running so fast that I couldn't count where we were going, we were making so many turns. Then we stop and I didn't know I was holding my breath until I inhaled and started coughing.

"Wait right here" he says, disappearing into a shadowed building. I stand breathing through my shirt, looking around the darkness. Everything was so dark, where were we?

"Maison?" a voice I haven't heard in forever says, I turn and my Father runs hugging me. He was dressed head to toe in white and he felt warmer. Warmer than this place, he smelt better than this place, I bury my face in his shoulder.

"Dad" I say.

"What are you doing here?" he asks.

"I-I'm getting you out of here" I say, he hugs me tighter.

"Niall, we need to move" I look back at the stranger, before looking at my Father.

"How did you get here" my dad asks.

"I found him at 4th" the stranger says.

"Well let's go, we don't have much time" My dad says, the stranger guy grabs us again and we're running again back to where he found us. We stop and I attempt not to breath as heavily.

"20 steps forward" I say, through my hand. We start walking the stranger guy walking in front of us, holding what looked like a sword. My Father holds my hand tightly like I was going to slip away, I didn't not what horrors he experienced. We stop and I look around.

"Now what?" the stranger asks.

"Don't get lost"

Did I get lost? Did I somehow miscount my steps? I open my mouth to say something when everything begins to taste sour and burn.

I open my eyes, inhaling and everything smells normal I sit up so fast the restraints break and Emory screams. I breath raggedly my head pounding when I feel her touch slowly she wraps her arms around my body.

"It's okay, you're home.... It's okay" she whispers, holding me.

"Where are we?" the stranger's voice demands, making Emory jump. I look over and my Father and the stranger stands next to the bed.