Whiskey and Stitches

Third Person POV:

"Dean?" Elena sits up on the bed, her ears straining to hear anything. She's been at the bunker alone for days now and she's ready to see another human being. Usually Elena would've gone with the Winchesters on their hunting trip, but she got in an argument with her boyfriend, Dean, and she didn't want to deal with him. Of course the fight was stupid, but both of them were too stubborn to back down. Dean just wanted her to be a little more careful while hunting, but she took that to mean he didn't want her to come at all. So she stayed behind and now they're both ready to kiss and make up. "Dean, is that you?"

Setting her book down, Elena climbs off the bed and walks out into the hallway. There's a loud thump that sounds like it came from the library, so she follows the sound.

"Guys, you weren't supposed to get back until—" Elena stops short, her eyes widening as she takes in the scene before her. Dean is gripping the back of a chair, his face twisted in pain as Sam pulls a large shard of glass out of his back. Dean yelps in pain, the glass sliding out of his skin with a loud pop. "Oh my god."

"Lena, it's fine," Dean grunts, squeezing his eyes shut to try and block out the pain. He doesn't want her to see him like this. He's supposed to be the strong one in the relationship, but he can't play the part when he's in so much pain he can hardly breathe.

"What happened?" Elena rushes over, ignoring Dean's protests and joining Sam. Dean's still wearing his thick jacket, but the color red has stained the fabric and is dripping onto the floor.

"Nothing, Lena, just go—damn it, Sammy! Could you try to be a little more gentle?"

"Sorry," Sam mutters, dropping the shard of glass onto the table. Biting her tongue, Elena reaches out and places her hands on Dean's arm.

"You need to take your jacket off," she instructs, her motherly instincts kicking in. Sighing, Dean straightens up as best he can and lets Elena slide his jacket off his shoulder. He winces as the glass in his back drags against the fabric, the movement forcing his face to contort in pain. It takes a while to get his shirt off, but eventually Elena can see just how bad it is.

Dean's back has been shredded, rough shards of glass sticking out of his skin at awkward angles. The inflamed skin is still oozing blood, the dark color staining his skin and hiding some of the damage. Dean glances over his shoulder, catching Elena's eye before she looks over at Sam.

"What happened?" Elena asks again, realizing she never got the story out of them. Dean groans, looking forward and wrapping his hands firmly around the back of the chair.

"Dean got thrown through a stained glass window while we were ganking the spirit," Sam mutters, his hand hovering over another chunk of glass. "Dean, you ready?"

"No," Dean grunts, bracing himself anyway. Sam gives Elena an apologetic glance before ripping the glass out of Dean's back. He screams, collapsing against the chair and gasping for air. Elena reaches out, trying to steady him, but Dean shrugs her off.

"Get her out of here," Dean instructs Sam, avoiding Elena's gaze. Sighing, Elena ignores him and grasps onto another piece of glass. "Elena—"

"Sam, go get the stitches," Elena says, still ignoring her boyfriend. Nodding, Sam heads off to get what's necessary, leaving Elena alone with Dean. "This is gonna hurt, okay?"

"Elena, you don't have to—Son of a bitch!" Dean flinches when Elena pulls the glass out, stiffening and causing more blood to pool on the floor. "

"Stop being a baby," Elena snaps, pulling another piece of glass out without giving Dean the signal. He yelps in pain, swallowing back the pain as best as he can. Dean doesn't like to be considered weak, but this sort of pain makes it impossible to remain strong.

"You should just let Sam do this," Dean moans, leaning into the chair. Elena wraps her hand around the next piece of glass, but Dean stops her.

"I'm not leaving you," Elena hisses, pulling out the glass.

"Lena, I'm serious."

"So am I," she snaps, finally silencing Dean. Nodding, he looks away from her and braces himself for the next shock of pain. By the time Sam gets back with the bandages, Elena has removed all the glass from Dean's body and is attempting to stop the bleeding.

"Here," Sam mutters, handing her a bottle of whiskey.

"What is this for?" Elena frowns, not understanding. Sam glances down at Dean's back, trying to tell her what to do with his eyes. "Are you serious? It'll hurt him!"

"It'll clean the wound," Sam mutters, still trying to keep Dean in the dark. Rolling his eyes, Dean glancing back at Elena. He's not stupid. He knows what the whiskey bottle is for.

"Elena, just do it," Dean groans, rolling his head to the side so he doesn't have to watch. Clenching her jaw, Elena pours the whiskey on his back. Dean hisses in pain, keeping in as much in as he can. But he can only take so much. "Stop! Son of a—Elena, stop!"

"It's okay," Elena whispers, running her hand through Dean's hair in an attempt to sooth him. "I'm sorry. Dean, I'm so sorry."

"What could you possibly be sorry for?" Dean cranes his neck to look at her, his eyes narrowing in on her face. Elena looks away quickly, her eyes landing on Sam. He seems to get the point and puts the rest of the bandages on the table before leaving. "If this is about the fight—"

"Of course it's about the fight," Elena mutters before pouring more of the whiskey onto Dean's back. Dean lets out a low hiss, causing Elena to pause. She wants to apologize again, but something is nagging at her. "Why did you get so mad?"

"Because I didn't want this to happen to you," Dean says, laughing dryly as he motions toward his back. "I knew this hunt was a little more risky and I wanted to keep you out of it."

"So you picked a fight on purpose," Elena whispers, this time not hesitating to pour the rest of the bottle onto his back. Dean nearly collapses, a guttering growl escaping his throat and echoing through the room. "Sit still, okay? I have to stitch the wounds."

"Lena—"

"No, you can yell at me later. Just stay still and let me patch you up," Elena orders, silencing Dean. Nodding, he turns back around and stands as still as he can while his girlfriend sows his skin shut. Once Elena's done, she moves away from him and sits down at the table. Still in a great deal of pain, Dean slumps down into the seat next to her.

"I'm sorry for keeping you out of it," Dean mutters, closing his eyes and breathing deeply to ignore the searing pain in his back. Nodding, Elena scoots closer to him and rests her head on his shoulder. "Careful, sweetheart. I'm in enough pain as it is."

"Oh shut up, you're gonnabe fine," Elena chuckles, moving her head to kiss him on the cheek.

Author's Note:

I hope you liked this cute little scene! I know I wrote one of Dean taking care of Elena a while ago, but I have this headcanon of Elena always being the one to stitch Dean back together, so I kinda needed to write this. So I hope liked it as much as I did!

Question: Would you guys like to read a two-parter sort of thing? Cause I have an idea and I think it's gonna turn out really good, but I don't know if you guys only want to see individual stuff. So please tell me in the comments if you would be interested in reading a two-parter! Thanks!

Please comment/share/vote!

Until next time!

~ spnjackles