You Are the Sacrifice...

I didn't move, I was too scared, footsteps approached quickly. I knew what had happened, how could we have not thought of it? The closet door was made of wood, Matt had an axe, I felt so stupid to have not realized it. I closed my eyes tightly, maybe he'd think I was asleep and leave me alone. I heard the footsteps get closer, until I knew he was in front of me. I could hear his heavy breathing, along with my racing heart. I felt him grab my hand, lightly, then he started squeezing, I tried so hard not to move, or cry. Suddenly, he pulled me off the couch and dropped me to the floor, "Open your eyes." Matt whispered, "I know you're not sleeping." I hesitated, wondering if I could trick him, but opened my eyes anyways. He put his axe up to my neck, "You are to be silent. Don't tell Slender where you are, don't cry for help, don't even try to wake him up right now. You will follow me, and if you even think about fighting back I will cut you into so many pieces, Slender won't be able to save you. Do I make myself clear?" I nodded, though part of it was me shaking with fear. "Ok, now get up and follow me." Matt moved the axe away from me, giving me room to stand up, then he turned and started walking to the door. I followed slowly behind him, but looked back at Slender one last time. "Don't you dare." Matt scolded, "Come on." I sighed and followed him out the door, he shut it and walked to the right. I followed him, "Why are you doing this, Matt? Why do you need me?" I asked, he didn't answer, I started walking slower, and slower, maybe I could lose him. He turned back and walked up to me, he grabbed my right arm and pulled me forward, "Don't even think about it." Matt said, pulling me along with him. "You didn't answer my question. Why do you need me?" Matt remained silent, I planted my feet into the ground, "I'm not moving unless you answer me." I looked him in the eyes, he sighed, then started dragging me, "You know you don't have to be this difficult right?" Matt said groaning. I looked at his backpack, maybe Slenderman could find me, if Matt still had the pages. "Do you still have those pages?" I asked him, he sighed, "Do I really need to answer that?" I assumed that meant no, I could try to run away, that backpack obviously weighed him down, plus I'm way younger than him, so I'd be pretty far ahead of him, but he was gripping my arm pretty tightly, in the time I tried to break free he would be able to hit me with his axe, so maybe I should just follow along with this until we get to wherever Matt was taking me to. I remembered what Slenderman said, about Matt being a child murderer, so I was really worried about what he was going to do with me and where he was taking me. Finally we went to the edge, the fence wall was blocking out path. "Ok, we're here." He placed his backpack on the ground, ok maybe I shouldn't run just yet, then he pulled out all 8 of the pages. My eyes widened, "You kept them?!" I asked, shocked, "Of course I did, how else was I supposed to get home?" I was confused, "What do you mean? They don't send us home." Matt laughed softly to himself, "Oh yes they do, only not 'us', just me." I slowly, quietly started backing away, "I...I don't understand." Matt laughed harder, it sounded so sinister. "Don't you see Charlotte?" He turned and looked at me, his eyes were blood red, "You are the sacrifice..." I instantly turned and ran, I could hear him close behind me, but I pushed myself further. I ran back into the mansion and shut the door and locked it. I knew it wouldn't keep him long, but it bought me time. I ran up to Slender, who was still asleep on the couch. I shook him, "Wake up! Please!" I cried, then as I pushed him over I noticed the axe marks running down his back, new axe marks. Matt must've hit him while he was sleeping. I took deep breaths, I needed to calm down, Matt left his axe with his backpack and he'd need to go back to get it, I had to think of a plan. When he came back, I would go up to the bedroom and shut the trapdoor and push the bed over it, then I'd climb out the window. But then what? I would be outside, but I wouldn't be safe. The pages. If I destroyed them then maybe Matt would stop trying to kill me. Or he'd be even more angry and try harder to kill me. I heard the footsteps approaching, I ran to the hall and into the stairwell, then shut the door behind me, I ran up the steps and swung open the trapdoor. I hopped in the room and closed the trapdoor tightly, then, with all my strength, I pushed the bed overtop of it. I was panting, I didn't realize how hard that would be. I sat down, I had a little time, or so I thought. "Well that just makes this easier." I turned my head and saw Matt looking in through the window, he never went to get his axe, he had ran here instead, the footsteps I heard must've just been him running here. I was breathing heavily, I backed up to the wall, knowing he couldn't get in here. He reached his arm in the window, "Come on Charlotte, you have nowhere to run." I shook my head, "Neither do you." I said. He smiled, "Actually, I do. My axe? It's not that far away. You couldn't get that far by the time I got it. Then it'd just be easier to get to you." I felt tears going down my face, everything he said was true, even if I didn't want to believe it. "Look, Charlotte. Slenderman is unconscious, he lost a lot of blood. But he's not dead. Trust me, I can just use you to send me home, and you can get healed by Slender and he can do whatever he wants with you. Just come with me." He held his hand open for me to grab it, but I refused, "Give me one good reason why I should trust you. You're the one trying to kill me!" Matt laughed, "Am I? Can you even tell the difference anymore? Here's a reason, you can trust me because you have no other choice." I still refused, even if I was confused and scared, I knew he was the one trying to kill me, right? "I do have another choice! I choose to stay here where you can't reach me!" Matt groaned, "Fine then. I'll get my axe, and when I get in there, you will regret your smart mouth." Matt pulled his hand back out, stood up and ran away. I fell backwards into the bed and sighed, that was way too close. I knew it would only be a few minutes until he got here, but I had a plan, wait until he gets on the stairs to leave, it was pretty risky, but Matt was more clever than me, he would probably expect me to leave instantly, and he'd probably be waiting there to take me away. I heard footsteps in the distance, followed by the sounds of the front door breaking, and I was ready to escape and destroy the pages, or die trying.