Voices in My Head

I backed away, "Woah, slow down. That's not love. That's infatuation." Slender looked confused, he wrote in the mud, "What's that?" I could feel the sweat dripping down my face, "It's when you're obsessed with someone, you won't let them go, you can't stop thinking of them, and most of the time, they don't like you back." I said, scared at what his reaction was going to be. "Do you like me?" He wrote, I was about to respond when I stopped myself, I had to think carefully about what my next words were going to be, I didn't want him to kill me, but I didn't want him to never let me go. "I mean, I guess." I paused, I hated this silence, not knowing what he was going to do, he wasn't writing, he just stared at me. I wondered if I had said the wrong thing, was he going to kill me? I didn't say no, did I? He finally started writing again. "Don't move. I'm going to fix you. Please don't run away after." I was confused, fix me? What did that mean? I stayed still, like he said, but why should I listen to him? He leaned overtop of me, then placed his hand on my chest, my vision went blurry, "What are you doing?" I asked, everything started to fade away, "S-...stop." I tried to whisper, I slowly drifted away, and everything faded to blackness.

My eyes slowly opened, when I looked down I saw my chest, it was healed. I sat up and saw my knees had also been healed. I looked around, I couldn't see Slender anywhere. I heard a voice in the distance, "Charlotte. Please. Please be okay." Matt was looking for me, I suddenly remembered he was in danger, he had to get rid of the pages. I stood up, I remembered Slender said not to run away, but he was nowhere to be found, plus, why am I listening to him? He wants to keep me with him like some kind of pet, or slave, whatever it was I didn't like it. I started to run, Matt's voice was far away, but hopefully I could find him. As I ran further I started to hear static, no, not now. Suddenly a voice emerged from the static, I told you not to run away. I covered my ears, but I still heard the static blaring in my head. Stop running. I fell to the ground, "Stop." I cried, "It hurts!" I heard running in the distance, "Charlotte? Where are you?" Matt yelled in the distance, I was crying, the static made my whole body shake, "Stop. Please." I cried. Matt got closer, "Charlotte?! Are you okay?!" he yelled, I'm sorry I have to do this. He's getting in our way. I couldn't move, "Matt, stop. Go away! Please." I choked out. The footsteps got closer, faster, "I've abandoned you too many times, I'm coming back for you." Matt got closer and closer, "No." I cried to myself. Stop. He won't listen to you. I cried harder, "Stop." Matt grew closer, Shh, it'll be over soon. He won't hurt us anymore. "Matt, please! Go away." I saw him appear from the shadows, "Charlotte, are you okay?" Matt asked, "No! Go away now! You're not safe here!" I cried, he stood there, confused, "I don't understand? Where's Slender?" Matt said, coming closer. I was crying so hard my face was red, it hurt so much, "Leave him alone! Please!" I cried out loud, "Who? Slenderman?" Matt was so confused. No, Charlotte. Can't you see what he's doing to you? He needs to get out of our way. "So let him go! Don't hurt him!" Charlotte, stop, he is going to leave us alone now. You don't need to defend him anymore. "If you're going to kill him, then kill me too!" No! I'm not going to kill you. You're not leaving me. I won't let you. Matt was starting to back away. "What's going on here?" Suddenly, Slender appeared behind him, "Matt, look out!" I cried. I watched the blood spill down his shirt, he fell to the ground, "No!" I cried, I ran up to him, there was a knife still sticking out of his back. See? Isn't that better? "No! Why would you do that?!" Just forget about him. There will be other people. Don't cry over one man. "That's it! I'm done! I don't want to do this anymore!" I grabbed the knife from Matt's back. Charlotte, what are you doing? I faced the knife towards me. Charlotte, stop. I pushed the knife through my heart. Blood rushed down my shirt, I felt my breathing starting to slow down. Charlotte. This isn't going to work. I fell backwards to the ground, my vision faded. I felt everything in my body stop, I wasn't breathing, my heart wasn't beating. "You...can't...hurt me...anymore." I choked out with my final breath. Slender looked down at me, Charlotte. I already told you. I'm not going to let you leave. Then I felt the cold touch of his hands on my chest.