34. Pecan Brownie

Start from the beginning

Bella took the last step forward and crushed me with a bear hug. Everyone gasped, and Sarah's hand on me loosened as Bella surrounded my vision. The strength with which she gripped me made me take a small step back, which couldn't have been possible because she was half my size. My head was stuffed in her well endowed (surgically or otherwise) chest, being much shorter than her. It was so unexpected that I stood frozen in shock. My ears burned, and a moment later I was struggling to get out of the embrace.

Soft murmuring in my ears made me realize she was whispering something as her hand patted my head and back. Knowing it was impossible to loosen her hold, I listened harder to the incoherent French, picking out 'thank you' and Giulia's name in them.

She pulled away, her eyes shining with unshed tears as she regarded me with affection. "Thank you so much for saving Giulia. Doctors said that the first aid saved her. I can't thank both of you enough."

A smile lit up her face, and an overwhelming feeling built up in me. I took a side glance towards Brandon who was smiling too.

"You're welcome," I said, putting all my emotions of relief and happiness in it. Before my lips could stretch into a smile, she bent lower and pressed her lips with my lips.

Wait a minute.

Rewind!

The numbness of my mind pushed away as I felt her lips on mine. I froze, my heart skipping a beat. Heat flushed through me as she pulled away with a small peck. I stared at her wide eyed, the blood pumping in my ears drowning out any voice. Her dazzling smile moved away from me as I tried to comprehend that Bella had just kissed me.

"No, thank you-" Brandon didn't get to finish as she pecked his lips as well, their heights in perfect alignment. I stared at them with open shock, Brandon rubbing his lips to wipe her trace off and Bella giving him an affectionate smile.

She turned to me and said something, to which I only nodded, the words a mess in my mind. Her steps echoed away, and the vacuum like silence went away with it.

"What the heck just happened?" I whispered, taking a ragged breath. I touched my lips, not knowing how to react. Sarah supported me with her hand, laughing at both of us.

"You both look like you have seen a ghost," she said, shaking her head in amusement.

"In my defense I tried to stop her," Brandon rushed, flustered. His hands came around my shoulder, twisting me to face him, the room once again filling with loud whispers.

"You kissed her?" I was numb, too surprised to react, and still somewhat trying to get my head around on what had just happened. Noticing my far away gaze, Brandon pulled me away from the crowd by my hand and stopped near a secluded corner.

"Back to earth, Ty." He snapped his fingers in front of me, making me focus on his face.

"Bella just kissed you," I stated, looking down, "and me."

Brandon groaned, tilting my face up so he could make eye contact. "She did. But that means nothing. Sorry you had to see that." He did look sorry, and apologetic, his puppy eyes begging for forgiveness.

"I know," I murmured, a little bummed about it. But then I realized something else. "Just a sec. I'm confused. Which one of us is supposed to be saying sorry?"

"Me?"

"But she's a lesbian," I whispered that part, and Brandon's eyes widened.

"You cheated on me with a girl!" he gasped, mocking me. He clutched his heart, making a shocked face.