Chapter 25 || "Not too bad, Lynch."

Ross

Days pass by and Makayla hasn't been the same. She's stopped eating, she would've died of starvation if it wasn't for Mom. She doesn't want to do anything, she sits on the couch with her head in her hands and that's all she does. We, as a couple, haven't had sex in about a month. Not that I only care about it, but I miss the playful Makayla.

"Ross," she calls in an aphonic voice. She's caught a cold because of her lack of defenses, result of not having a proper diet. I walk over to her on the couch and she looks up and stares at my eyes before continuing, "I need to talk to you."

"What's the matter, sweetheart?" I sit next to her on the back lounge's couch. She has an unhealthy look and her skin is rather pale, "Is anything wrong?"

"No... I mean, yes. It's pointless for me to be here, by your side.  I'm not good enough for you, you should find someone who could give you all the attention you deserve. I'm just an attention seeker and, please, believe me when I say it wasn't my intention to hurt anyone. It's all my fault R5 has almost split up, it's my fault Riker has left, it's my fault the hate you're receiving from the fans, everything bad that is happening it's because I'm here." Her eyes fill up with tears as she ends her little speech.

"Are you kidding me..." I stare at her blue eyes and she shakes her head, "Makayla, if you're here it's because I love you, and so does the rest of my family. What happened with Riker was his own fault, and maybe part of mine, but not yours. I need you by my side, I'm missing half of me when we're apart. I don't know what all those girls in social media are telling you, but they're completely wrong. They don't know you, they don't know how beautiful and amazing you are. You light up my world, you make me feel comfortable and I can be myself around you without the fear of you not liking me. For your eyes only, I've shown you my heart. For when you're lonely, and forget who you are. I live for you, I love you, Makayla."

"I love you, Ross." She literally throws herself in my arms and I hug her so tightly, she cries for a while and I hold her. Her breathing starts to get slower again and she stops crying. Her eyes are no longer blue, but red and puffy. I kiss her forehead and stroke her thin blonde hair.

"I have an idea," I excitedly state, getting her to stand up along with me, "let's get you dressed and go on a date, it's been ages since it was the two of us alone."

She shows me a little smile and I have enough with that. I drag her to the closet and pick up her outfit.

"Look what you pick, it's me I have to wear it and I don't want to look as if I just won the worst dressed person award."

"Aw... The trust." I sarcastically say. She giggles and that makes me happy, I hadn't seen her smile in a long time.

I end up picking a pair of black leggings (who doesn't love how those look on girls), a white tee and a denim jacket, combining it with brown boots.

"Not too bad, Lynch." She winks at me and gathers the clothes I've chosen, proceeding to lock herself in the bathroom. I still laugh at her shy attitude around me.

When she gets out of the bathroom, she looks absolutely stunning. She's had a shower, straightened her hair and applied makeup, though she doesn't need it to look gorgeous.

"Let's see what we find in this city." She says as she steps out of the bus. I follow her and look around. The signs in the road say; park, cinema, center... I honestly don't know where to take her.

"I think we could go watch a movie." She suggests, knowing exactly what was going through my mind. I nod and hold her hand as we walk.

"This one seems okay." She points at one of the movie posters hung on the outside.

"Annabelle? Are you kidding me?" I say terrified, this movie is one of the most frightening movies ever. They even had to take it down in France because people went crazy and started hitting each other.

"It mustn't be that bad if a lot of people has watched it," she grabs my wrist and makes me go with her, buy the tickets and sit down in one of the chairs.

After some long minutes of commercials and trailers, the movie starts. It gets more terrific by every minute, every second. Makayla screams and, in an act of reflexion, grabs my arm.

I put my arm around her shoulders and pull her towards me, blocking her view. The scenes in the big screen aren't what you'd call appropriate and I can already picture her throwing up if she saw them.

***

"Such a scary movie," Makayla says as she takes a sip of her strawberry milkshake, "why did you let me choose it? I'm going to have nightmares about that doll for the rest of my life."

"I was the one to let you? Miss 'it mustn't be that bad if a lot of people have watched it'."

"Can I sleep with you today?" She asks in her usual innocent tone. I smile before giving her an affirmative answer.

***

"Baby, have you seen my after shave?" Ellington calls out. Noises of drawers being open echo through the room.

"Look inside the cupboard!" Rydel responds out loud. I try my best to aisle Makayla from the noise, I close the curtains and she has buried her face on my chest. She has almost fallen asleep and is in the process of trying.

Moments like this are the ones that really matter. Not sex, but the love. The love our hearts share towards each other and can't be broken. No matter what happens, I will always love my girl.

Author's Note

Aww so sweet of Ross...

But...

He...

Doesn't know...

What will happen!!

Neither do you

haha

Here I leave you with Chapter 25!

Have a great life! Love you my fluffy unicorns!!<3

~Adriana❤️