III

"Look at you...All...Pumpy" Ally said teasingly before entering to school that morning.

"Wasn't that what you wanted?" Danny said, starting to believe that Ally was making fun of him this whole time.

"Yes. Keep on it. One day does nothing." She said as she squeezed Danny's arm.

"Seriously Ally...I'm concerned. What happened?"

"I did nothing wrong. I swear. Look, I can't give you the details just now, but keep your ass in the gym."

"Fine" He said after he sighed.

"Good." Ally said as she walked with Danny towards the building.

"Hey Ally..."

"Yeah?"

"My cousin is training to be a professional football player, maybe he can help..."

"Jake?" Ally asked disbelievingly.

"Yeah."

"Isn't he like 14?"

"15. And it's been ages since the last time you saw him. He got a scholarship from Tulsa's football team to join them as a professional player as soon as he finishes high school.

"Good for him! Great for me! Talk to him!"

"Alright. But can you tell me what you're into?"

"Music and ladies?" She said as she raised an eyebrow and walked away from Danny to get to class.

"Hey I'm serious!" He yelled hard enough so that her friend a few feet away could hear him.

Ally turned around and answered to her friend while still walking backwards. "So am I!" She said lifting both of her arms and then breaking into a run to her class to keep Danny from asking her one more time.

_________________________________________________________________________

School was finally over and Stevie was placing books from her locker to her shoulder bag and vice versa.

"Hey million dollar babe." Stevie turned around, her mouth immediately curling into a smile without even thinking when she saw the girl she had at her side.

"How's your beautiful body?" She asked, wanting to know how was Ally.

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?" Ally asked, her tone getting serious.

"Ally..." She said as she continued absentmindedly placing books back and forth.

"What?" She asked when Stevie never finished the sentence.

Stevie closed her locker and closed her bag. "Never mind."

Ally quickly grabbed Stevie by her wrist.

"No."

"No?" This conversation had happened way too often the last couple days.

"No. Tell me." Ally insisted, wanting to know why the girl haven't fled her 'home' after all these years.

"Let it go Ally." Stevie said, pulling her hand back to herself to prevent Ally from forcing her to speak.

"Hey, I'm your bestfriend. You know you can tell me everything."

Stevie couldn't dare to look directly into Ally's eyes, so she kept glancing at the floor as the students started to exit the building.

"Stevie, why are you tolerating this?"

Stevie ran a hand through her hair, thinking of what to do.

"Fine. Fine!"

Stevie took Ally by her hand as she dragged her all the way to the girls' bathroom.