Part Three

***I do not own InuYasha or any affiliated characters***

~*Part three*~

Of all the people in the world, be they human or demon to bow before him, Rin was the last one he wanted to see in such a position. It somehow felt wrong for her to be bowing to him.

"That is unnecessary Rin."

She nodded and stood, a look of worry on her face and he had to fight the urge to tell her she had done nothing wrong. But instead he held out a hand to her. "I have been told that it will be good for your health if you walk"

"Thank you." She barely whispered taking his hand she stepped down from the engawa onto the grass and let go. He regretted that she had let his hand go. Her hand was small and soft in his, her delicate fingers felt very pleasant. Pushing aside the thought he focused on the task at hand.

They walked side by side, though not closely, as he thought over what to say to her. What would be safe? He wondered and turned an eye to her face, noting that she looked sad, even worried.

"Rin, are you well?" he asked breaking the silence.

"Yes my lord, I am feeling much better, though I am tired." After a moment she began to play with the sleeve of her Kimono nervously. "Thank you for, everything really, I didn't mean to be a burden I just wanted..."

"Rin." He cut her off not wanting her to think she was unwelcome. "It is of no consequence." He said as they continued on turning toward to peach grove. The avenue they followed traced a path through the middle of the well groomed trees. He had sought the privacy that they would provide and then was annoyed at himself for seeking to be alone with her. The grove was long and narrow, followed on both sides by a high hedge.

As the trees surrounded them muting the sounds or the gardeners and the distant household he realized his error; being alone with her could be disastrous to his glared at nothing and was determined to simply walk through the flowering trees to the open safety of the lawn beyond.

But Rin had not yet been in the peach grove and once under the canopy of blossoms, her breath caught and she stopped to look in wonder at the beautiful sight. "Oh how lovely." she said mostly to herself as she reached for the delicate flowers.

If she knew what she did to him, would she mock his weakness? He wondered as he turned to see her standing in the pale twilight, a cascade of petals falling around her, hand extended to sweetly cup the blossoms in her lovely hand. The Kimono she wore making her stand out all the more. She was like a vision of the divine, one that he wished to be near, to embrace and know.

And then he was standing next to her, unsure of when he had decided to come so close to her. His hand reaching for the same blossom, she froze, He too did not move, afraid that he would somehow break the moment.

Standing over her, he was so close that her scent was like a drug to him and he wanted more, wanted to run his hand through her dark hair, to feel every curve of her. His hand strayed to brush aside her hair from her cheek.

His mind told him that this was not wise. That she was wrong. That this path was what had caused his father's death. And when his mind had nearly won the battle she turned her face up to look into his golden eyes, a look so trusting and innocent that his rational reasons vanished.

She was so very close to him. All it would take was a slight tilt to bring his lips to hers. So little effort to taste her. To wrap his arms around her would be so sweet. Would she come into his arms willingly?

"Sesshomaru." she whispered, her hand coming to rest on his chest, his breath came in sharp at her touch. A sweet blush rose to her cheek and he wondered what had caused it.