Part Two

***I do not own InuYasha or any affiliated character***

~*Part Two*~

"Jaken-Sama Jaken-Sama!" the servant yelled pulling him from his sleep. With a start Jaken jumped up"What? Who?" He said throwing on his small robe.

The house was in an uproar! Jaken, fully shaken from his sleep and rudely pulled into awareness by one of the servants standing at his door with a lantern in hand, loudly saying his name."Jaken-sama! Sesshomaru-sama has returned and brought a human with him!"

"What Human?" Jaken demanded

"No one knows but it is a female." Worry and panic in the voice of the servant caused him to move faster and soon he was running down the hall.

"Jaken-sama, his lordship is in one of the guest rooms." The servant called after him, causing Jaken to turn mid-step and head in the oposite direction.

"Why didn't you say so? Has he asked for anything?"

"Only you Jaken-sama. He went in and closed the door, I came as fast as I could"

The servant showed him the door and stepped back; Jaken took a quavering breath and taped on the door.

"Enter." Sesshomaru said from the other side and Jaken slid the door to the side and entered, falling to his face noting only that Sesshomaru had his back to the door and that someone was lying on the mat before him.

"Lord Sesshomaru I came as soon as..."

"Jaken, how do humans care for their wounds?" Sesshomaru interrupted him.

Jaken was taken by surprise and ventured to look and could see that the form in front of his lord was indeed a human woman, several bruises and a long scratch marring her features. Yet through the imperfection he could vaguely recognize her face, though he couldn't think why. Sesshomaru turned just enough to cast a glare at Jaken, who was immediately reminded of the question.

"Uh... Well first you would clean any wound and then bandage them, but sometimes this is not enough if the injuries are too grievous, my lord."

Sesshomaru didn't answer and Jaken couldn't help himself. "My Lord, who is she?"

"Rin." It was the only reply given but it was enough, of all the reasons to bring an injured human to his home Rin was the only one Jaken could see being given the privileged.

He had always wondered how his lord had been able to leave Rin with humans, every year thinking that he would go and take her back. It had clearly been longer than he had supposed, as Rin looked far beyond a child now.

"Jaken see to it that she is made well." Sesshomaru stood and turned to leave the room "Before I return her to the human village" he added before leaving the room.

"Yes my lord... bbbbut how did she come to be in...." But he was already past him heading down the hall.

Well he didn't really need to know the reason behind his lord's motives, he simply needed to follow his commands. And so Jaken called for more servants and sent for anyone of then that knew about healing determined to do his best to heal Rin.

..0..

It was late in the day when Jaken stood outside his study door, he had yet to knock but Sesshomaru knew that he was there. He could smell him and could tell that he was nervous and since he had yet to hear anything of Rin, he knew that must be why Jaken was there.

While this annoyed him, he was also feeling worry as well and that bothered him more. He cursed in the silence of his mind at the apparent curse on his family to care for humans, well human woman to be exact.