Chapter 15

Eric had to stay behind in class after the bell rang. The others met at Kate's locker and talked.

"This is just getting stranger." Isaac said.

"What I'm wondering is how Eric got those marks in the first place." Jackson questioned.

"In the woods, he held up a hand, I think it was the one with the star on it, and a glow came from his hand that scared the creature off. He didn't notice he did it and when I looked at his hands, he explained that those were never there." Kate explained.

"I think Eric has some supernatural power." Alicia said.

"But how?" Scott asked. "He didn't notice them before the incident with the figure."

"Something must have triggered it." Kate said. "Something caused it."

"But what?" Isaac asked, shrugging his shoulders.

Kate thought for a moment. "I don't know. It was just me, Eric, and the figure. Nothing else was around."

"How about Alicia, Jackson, and Meghan investigate the location were the incident happened." Instructed Isaac. "I and Scott will look at what happened with Kate and Eric."

"We don't know anything about this location." Jackson pointed out.

"Can't we take Kate or something?" Meghan asked.

Isaac shook his head. "We need to keep Eric and Kate together. We need to see what happened."

"But we don't know what to do." Jackson said, motioning to his group. 

"I'll instruct you." Kate leaned inside her locker and quickly drew something in a notebook. She ripped out the page she drew on and handed it to them. It looked like a map. "It's a map. We were about on the edge of the forest, the part closest to the creek. You might see an arrow or a tomahawk in a tree. If so, you are at the right place."

"Arrow?" Jackson asked, confused.

"The figure flung arrows at us." Kate explained.

"Tomahawk?" Scott questioned.

"This is giving me a headache." Jackson said and held his head. Alicia rubbing his arm.

"Well, deal with it." Kate said.

Eric hopped over and hid behind her opened locker door. When she closed it she jumped a little when she saw a smiling Eric.

"Well, hello there." He said, obviously flirting.

"Hello." She said, trying not to laugh at what he just did.

"What?" He asked with a smirk.

"That was cute, I have to admit." She said with a smile.

He smirked again. "You think I'm cute." He said, seeing her blush a little. "That's insulting."

"How is that insulting?" She asked with a smile.

He smirked. "Because I'm hot. Not cute."

She laughed. "Get over yourself."

"Yeah, get over yourself." Isaac said, mockingly.

Eric gave him a grin. "Hey, asswipe. How you doing?"

Isaac pointed a finger at him. "I hate you."

Eric shrugged. "I have to agree with you." He winked.

"Eric, what'd the teacher have to say that was so important you had to stay after?" Kate said, moving on to something else.

He shrugged. "Well, I'm probably going to die."