Chapter 8

Kate and Isaac stood at the side of the school hallway, looking straight ahead to see Eric Wells putting books into his locker.

"Go." Isaac said, nudging her.

Kate took a deep breath and took a step forward but instantly took that step back. "This is ridiculous. He's not going to believe me."

"Trick him into coming."

Kate raised her eyebrows. "How could I trick him?"

Isaac smirked. Kate was getting annoyed by all the smirking coming from Isaac today. "Ask him to come over. He might get some ideas and agree."

Kate shook her head. "No."

Isaac tsked and shook his head. "I'll give you a push."

"No, Isaac." Kate said. Isaac didn't listen and pushed Kate so she was far enough down the hall that she couldn't turn back. She walked, staring at Isaac and giving him the death stare. Not noticing that she was about to bump in to someone. She ended up bumping into Eric, causing him to drop one of his textbooks.

Eric groaned in frustration and leaned down and grabbed the book. Then stood back up without making eye contact with Kate. "What the hell is your issue?"

"Sorry." Kate said, sarcastically.

Still not looking at her, he put his book in his locker. "I hate sarcasm."

"Sorry." She said, still sarcastic just to bug him.

He groaned and turned to her. "Oh, hi Kate."

"Hi."

He shut his locker without a care. "May I help you with something?"

As he looked at his locker while closing it, Kate turned and gave Isaac a death stare. Isaac just giving her a thumbs up. Kate sighed before turning back to Eric who was just turning back to her.

"Uh..." She started to feel weak and nervous.

"What? You can tell me. Don't be shy." He looked over Kate's shoulder to see Isaac standing in the hall, not making any eye contact. "I hate your brother. Not you." He adjusted his backpack strap. "So?"

"Uh... Do... You... Wanna... Hang... Out... Sometime?" She felt like she was about to puke.

"Yeah. Sure." He answered.

She looked at him in shock, her stomach becoming calm again. "Really?"

He smiled and nodded. "Yeah. When would be a good time for you?"

"I'm free after school if you wanna head over to my place." She gave Eric a wink, knowing that would get him to come over.

He smirked. "Works good for me. Meet me after school and I'll drive you home."

She gave off an impressive fake smile. "Yeah. Sure."

He brought his thumb to his lips and seductively licked it. Giving Kate a wink before he headed to class. Kate watched him leave. Proud that she convinced him but mad at how she convinced him.

Isaac walked over to her.

"Did it work?" He asked.

"Oh, it worked."

They both headed to class. Kate couldn't concentrate on her lessons because she kept thinking about what they where all going to do after school. Making matters worst, every class Kate had with Eric, he would look at her, seductively and smirk the entire class. She was just confused as to why the teachers didn't take notice.