Chapter 2

Devin pulled up in front of Frosttown High. Students hurried in or stood at their cars, talking to their friends. Devin was dressed in uniform for work, going straight to the station after he dropped the kids off.

Isaac and Kate sat still in their seats.

Devin noticed this and spoke up. "Okay, I can't do this right now. If I'm late for work on my first day because of you. Look I need to make a good first impression."

Isaac turned to him. "You're the sheriff. Aren't you in charge?"

"I am of my unit. But I do have a boss. So please don't sit around. I need to get to work."

Isaac and Kate grabbed their bookbags and opened up the car doors, saying a quick goodbye to Devin.

They stood in place as their Dad drove away. Staring at the High School, knowing it did have some freaky feel to it.

They walked up the path to the school entrance. Someone suddenly bumped into Isaac, causing Isaac to stumble but stayed on his feet.

"Hey. Watch were you're going, freak." It was a boy. Possibly a senior. He was really attractive.

The boy laughed and walked into the school with his friends.

"What a douchepants." Isaac mumbled under his breath.

"I see you've met Eric Wells." A male voice said from behind them. They turned to see a boy about their age. "Don't worry. He does that to every newbie."

The siblings just stared at him.

"I'm Jackson." He extended his hand for them to shake.

"Isaac." He shook his hand.

"Kate." She shook his hand.

"Look, I see you've gotten a rude welcome. But don't worry. This place is better than you think."

They saw a beautiful girl walk up to Jackson and he put his arm around her waist.

"These newbies?" She asked him.

"Yes. Alicia, this is Isaac and Kate. Isaac, Kate, this is my girlfriend, Alicia."

"That's a nice name." Kate said.

"Thank you. It's a family name. It's my Mom's name, my grandma's and all before."

"Nice."

"I see Eric gave you a warm welcome." She said to both of them.

"How many people saw that?" Isaac asked, scratching behind his ear.

Alicia shrugged. "I don't know. Everytime Eric walks into the school, people stop and stare. So a lot."

"Oh god." Kate said.

Alicia nodded. "Oh god is right. I can't believe I use to date that douche."

Kate chuckled along with Isaac. "You really dated him?" Kate asked.

"Yeah. Only for a month though." She said and then changed the subject. "I just know you and I will be great friends."

"Great."

"Wait." Jackson said. "You have to meet the whole gang. We're the ones you want to hang out with. So, don't get caught up in Eric's group."

"Trust me. We won't." Isaac said and then looked down at Kate. "Right Kate?"

"Oh, trust me. I already hate his guts."

Jackson snapped, he had an idea. "How about I and Alicia lead you to the main office to get your schedules and we'll show you around?"