For Wattpad

Everyone on Wattpad wants their book to be read. So here are some easy ways to get people to read your book:

Put as many hashtags as you can.
Hashtags are ways people can find stories with a certain element they like. But on your story do NOT put hashtags that have nothing to do with your book. No one likes misleading hashtags

Advertise
If you have a separate story that is successful or somewhat successful then make an authors note advertising your book. But do NOT go into the comment section of another popular book to advertise your book. It annoys the heck out of everyone.

Read other books (and commenting on other books)
It's as simple as that. Reading books. People can click on your icon, pull up your account, and read your book. Simple as that.

Summary
If your summary is not pleasing to a reader they obviously won't read it. If you do not add a summary then you will draw in a little more than a bad summary. Even so, no summary is still bad. Draw your reader into your book and then leave a cliffhanger, which will tempt them to read your story.

Book Cover
There are a lot of the elements of a book cover that attract people to your story. An example of a book cover for a book in the Mystery genre is above. Here they are:
-a picture that fits your story is always a good answer.
-along with a picture that fits your story you need one that will still leave space for the reader to question. But make sure it doesn't strand away from your story.
-ALWAYS put the title of your book on the cover. This is a good way to double views. I find I don't like to read books that don't have the title on it.
-Make sure you are able to read the title though. Find a picture that leaves a large enough space to insert a title.

If you don't know how to add a title and you are using a mobile device (such as a phone) try using the Wattpad Covers app or PicArt (which is also good for editing your picture. It is also what I used for the example book cover above). If you are on a laptop or computer then try photoshop. That's always fun! (Just never use the warping tool)

<><><>

Anything I missed? Want me to explain something more? Please comment it for me!