Into the Past

"People who continue to put their lives on the line to defend their faith become heroes and continue to exist on in legend." -Uzumaki Naruto

Kawarama Senju, the fourth son of Butsuma Senju knew he was going to die someday. It was natural for children to die during the harsh time he lived in, the expectant age of most being only thirty.

But he was only seven! He wanted to do so much more! He wanted to see the snow, he wanted to see what a firework is, he wanted to go to a festival, he...he wanted to have one last diner with his family.

Oh god, his family...

...Hashirama, Tobirama and Itama, he didn't want to leave them.

Desperately he ran faster, he didn't waste his time to cry or glance back when he heard his fellow comrade being shot down with a kunai. Every second counts after all. His hands were clutching almost desperately at his broken rib.

His eyes widened when he felt a kunai stab him in his leg, time seemed to slow for him when he fell down to the ground. Was this the end? He...was going to die.

Simple as that. Yet why was he crying? He was sobbing. But he didn't care, he kept crawling despite knowing it was useless. A pained yell escaped him as a foot stepped on his hand.

"Pathetic," he heard one of the Kaguya who was chasing him sneer.

Pathetic? He didn't care, he didn't care, he just wanted to live. He wanted to apologize for calling Hashirama's ideal stupid. He wanted to hug his mother. He didn't want to die like this!

"What's pathetic is ganging up on a kid!" and as the words registered Kawarama felt the foot on his hand go away followed by a loud thud.

"Honestly, four against one? I know you're all ninjas living in war, but still." was the mystery person saving him? It was pointless. One person can't win against four members of the Kaguya clan. "Hey, kid, nod if you're still alive"

But...maybe they could escape? This person did seem fast enough to break through the Kaguya who was about to kill him's guard. Gulping in fear of his life he nodded.

He felt himself being picked up bridal style and caught a glimpse of long pink hair. 'Kinda like the cherry blossom tree...' He thought as he felt wind hitting his face. The stranger must have been fast.

Strangely enough Kawarama could only wonder one thing. Pink hair? There weren't any clans known for having pink hair, and no veteran known for having pink hair. So this mystery person was probably only five or so years older than him. Maybe younger than Hashirama.

He felt the stranger placing him down against a tree and finally he caught a glimpse. He sucked in his breath, A girl. His mind supplied. It did make sense though, seeing as she had green eyes and pink hair. And somehow the little hope he had that he'll stay alive died. There was a reason beyond reproduction that females tended to not go on the battlefield after all.

The girl gave him an encouraging smile, but he didn't really feel better. His eyes trailed after her as she turned around at the same time that the four Kaguya clan members arrived.

"You're a fast prey, girly" one commented

"But a sheep can't ever survive an encounter with a predator" another leered

"I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding Kaguya members," the girl sneered the last part with disgust as she clapped her two hands against each other. A cloud of smoke momentarily hiding what she had just summoned

"Because I prefer to hunt, not be hunted!" the girl stood in a ready stance with a giant axe in her left hand and a giant hammer in her right had. The two weapons connected by a leather like rope.