Chapter 7:

Chapter 7: Revelations

I was sitting on the couch with my head in my hands. I had just had the biggest shock of my life. I couldn't stop my body when it started to shake.

Tears started coursing their way down my cheeks, and sobs racked my body.

Who had done this to me? And why?

Who could be cruel enough to strip my life away from me when I had a family... a home?

I heard the microwave ding, and I glanced up in time to see my husband bring me a glass of red wine.

He sat down on the couch beside me and handed me the wine.

The smell that was coming from the wine glass assulted my senses and I gulped it down greedily.

Flavor, hot and spicy, exploded on my taste buds, and I felt pressure in my upper jaw.

Curious, I ran my tongue over my teeth, until my tounge got cut on something sharp.

"Ow!" I exclamied, dropping the wine glass onto the carpet.

Alex glanced at me with worry in his eyes.

"What's wrong, dearest?" he asked, taking my cold pale hands into one of his own.

"I cuth my tongue on somesing sharp," I said, the paused to reflect the lisp in my voice.

Alexander grasped my chin in his free hand, and leaned forward to kiss me.

I didn't even try to resist this time. I opened my mouth to his probing tongue, and let my desire and his overtake us.

He sucked my tongue into his mouth, drawing the blood from the wound on my tongue and taking it into his own mouth. He bit my lower lip, and I gasped in pleasure.

I wrapped my arms around his neck to pull him closer, then I climbed the rest of the way onto his lap.

He wrapped his hands around my hips, and kissed me fully, his lips taking no mercy as they plundered mine.

I was just about to unbutton his shirt when I heard a key turn in the lock.

Alex was instantly on high alert, and he jumped off the couch, nearly knocking me off in the floor, and growled.

I jumped up and wrapped my arms around him.

"Alex, it's fine," I whispered, rubbing his tensed back. "Its just my parents back from their business trip,"

He relaxed just as the door opened.

"Addy, we're...," my father's voice trailed off as he took in Alex, who I still had my arms around. His eyes grew wide.

I laughed nervously.

"Daddy this is...," I trailed off as my mother pushed past my father to look inside.

I was alarmed when Alex started to growl again.

I let go of him and spun around to face him, putting my hands on my hips as I did so.

"Alex!" I admonished. "That is very rude. These are my adoptive parents, and-,"

"No they aren't, Adelina," Alex said. He stopped growling and eased out of his crouch. His warm green eyes met mine, and in them was a sadness I never knew possible.

It was a sadness that touched my very soul.

"Alex," I whispered. "What are you saying?"

He came, wrapped his arms around me, and tucked my head underneath his chin.

I felt his chest rumble as he said,

"They are your real parents, Addy,"

And for the second time in my life, and the second time that week, I fainted.

**********************************************************************

When I came to, I was lying on the couch, my head in Alex's lap. His hand was softly stroking my hair.

I kept my eyes closed, afraid to open them, and hoping it was all just a bad dream.

"How could you be such traitors?" she heard Alex's voice ask.

"We had to protect her from Judia, Alexander," came my mother's quiet tones.

"But why couldn't you tell me?" Alexander's voice again. "Me of all people? Her husband!"

There was anguish in his voice, and I wanted to reach up and cup his face in my hands.

"Judia was going to kill her if we didn't hide her," My father this time. "So we had a witch place a spell on her, so she wouldn't remember who she was. So she couldn't be discovered easily,"

"But Judia-," Alex started, then stopped, and I could feel his gaze on me. "Sweetheart? Are you awakening?"

I fluttered my eyelashes like I was just waking up, and then let fake confusion cloud my eyes.

I gingerly sat up, and Alex gathered me more comfortably onto his lap.

Not caring that my parents were watching, I wrapped my arms around his neck, and tucked my head under his chin.

"Someone want to tell me what the hell is going on?" I asked, managing to keep my voice cool and polite.

"Well you see, darling...," my father began, but I stopped him with my next slicing words.

"How could you betray me like that?"

I saw my father swallow hard.

He was a well built man for his age. I guess it was from the years wielding swords, I thought bitterly. There were streaks of grey in his brown hair, and crows feet beside his eyes.

My mother was a totally different story. She still had her youthful elegance, no lines marred her face, nor the rest of her.

And for the first time, I noticed they had pointed ears.

"What are you exactly?" I asked them, curiosity marring my voice.

"We are of the Fae People," my mother said, in her gentle tone.

"Oh so does that mean I'm a Fairy?"

All three of my companions glanced at one another.

"Not exactly dear heart," Alex said, tightening his arms around me. "You are special,"

I lifted my head up to gaze into his cool hazel ones.

I raised an eyebrow at him.

"And just how am I special?" I asked coyly, running my hands up and down his muscled chest.

"You are all races of mythical being, and yet you are like no other," his husky voice intoned. "You can transform into any animal, because you are a shifter, and yet you are not a shifter. You change into a she-wolf on the full moon, yet you are not truly a child of the moon,"

"So i'm a freak then, right?" I downcasted my eyes.

He lifted my chin with his finger, and looked down into my eyes.

"You are all, and yet you are none. You belong, yet you do not. You alone were born to rescue Elysica. You alone can determine it's fate,"

He paused, then took a deep breath, and said dramatically,

"You are the Vampire Rose,"