Chapter 6: Adjustment Period

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Why did you tell me this just now? Do you have any idea how much I'm- I'm-"

Hurt- my mind continues for me.

"I didn't tell you because I got lost in the moment. I was having so much fun, you know? I was enjoying the summer of my life- with you. Not until I saw mom zipping my suitcase."

I run my fingers through my hair angrily. "Ugh! I thought you trusted me! That's why we're best friends, remember? We were supposed to be together in this. Not just me. Not just-"

"Hush Hazza." She whispered loudly. I didn't realize I was already raising my voice. There's just a lot of emotions raging in my veins.

My head was spinning and I found myself leaning on the window pane, my arms stretched out infront of me to support my weight. She got up from the bed and I felt her presence just behind me when she touched my back. I turn to face her, my gaze moving to her trembling lips. The moonlight that was penetrating through her glass window was shining on her face and I could see the sadness in her eyes. I know she's hurt. It's obvious. And I hope she can see how hurt I am too.

"I'm sorry. It's just that one year- uhh one year is too long for me. I'd miss you too much. What if I don't do good in bootcamp? What if I get cut off? Who would be there for me?" This time I was able to control my voice. She looked at me with her dark eyes, concerned.

"Hey, listen," Her hand moves to rub my arm. "Your family will be here. You have other friends like your bandmates from White Eskimo."

"But you won't be part of them. It wouldn't be the same at all-"

"I'll still be here." She assures me."Besides, you can always call me, right? Skype, Facebook, Twitter. We can work this out. Just mind the time difference though." She tries to laugh. "We're best friends, remember? Best friends work things out. No matter the distance."

I couldn't utter a word because my tears have started dropping. How the hell can this girl take over my emotions so fast?

I felt her arms wrap around me and throughout the entire moment, I was hugging her back, tightly.

"Yeah." I whisper in her neck. "Best friends."

**********

My family insisted to come along to bring them to the airport and you can see how hesitant Abbie and her Brother are.

"Skype okay? I'll be online as soon as I get back home. At least you'd be busy in bootcamp and I'd be busy in school." She shutters as she takes me in for another hug.

"Of course. I'll be waiting for you when you get back." She pulls away and I give her my sweetest smile which she returns.

"I love you Hazza." The words escape her lips as if it's the most usual thing she could say.

"I love me too." I laugh and she spats my arm. "Ow- what was that for?"

"Say that you love me!"

"No- ow!"

"Say it!" This time she takes my ear between her fingers. "Tell me that you're never going to forget me."

"Never-"

"Abbie, we have to check in." Her dad's voice sounded serious and I know he didn't mean to cut us off.

"You better go." I tell the person in front of me. "Shouldn't be late for your flight, yeah?"

"I won't leave if you won't say-"

"I love you Bab!" My lips touch her head and I felt her stiffen. Shit. Why did I do that? She'll think that I'm- which I actually am- and-