Chapter 3: Hang Out

Beginne am Anfang

There was no doorbell so I had to knock on the door. A girl with dark brown hair turned the knob and she looked at me with a familiar dimple. She was beautiful and I'm guessing it runs in the family.

"You must be Abbie? I'm Gemma, Harry's older sister." She offers her hand for a shake. "Come right in. He's in the living room. Help yourself here. Our parents won't be back 'til tonight." My eyebrows raised in confusion. "It's date night." She says after noticing my reaction.

"Oh." I genuinely smile. "Thanks Gemma."

"Sure thing sweetie. I love your outfit by the way."

I blush, grinning. "Is it too much?"

"No, definitely not. You have to share some tips to me somehow." She winks and I giggle.

"I'd love that."

"Great! Then I can be a famous blogger-"

"Gemma stop talking to her and bring her in here!" Another voice yells from the living room.

The girl infront of me rolled her eyes. "I'll be up my room when you need me or if Harry's bugging you too much. So don't hesitate to call me." I nod and watched her climb up the stairs.

I got to the said area and saw Harry playing Fifa, his fingers moving swiftly on the keypads.

"So this is what I came here to do?" I qyestioned with a little sarcasm.

"I won!!" He exclaimed, his gadget almost slipping off his grip as he was sitting on their sofa, both his feet perpendicular to his upper body. He turned it off, pressing the little gray button and sat upright.

"Sorry about that, seat here." He tapped the empty space beside him. I sat down, inches away so I can keep my distance. Though, I can feel his eyes observing me.

"So... It would be nice to get to know you more." He begins the awkward conversation. "I mean more than pen and paper."

I chuckled lightly before making myself comfortable. "That'd be cool."

"Okay, I'll go first. We exchange personal facts okay?"

"Yeah. Something not most people know about us."

"Very well then, I'm a juggler." He grins like a clown.

"I, proud to admit, am a frustrated singer."

"I talk when I sleep."

"I talk when I sleep too! But mostly when I'm too tired." His gaze wasn't leaving mine that I had to look away quickly before I blush.

His index finger taps his chin and he is in deep thought. "I'm a huge fan of Taylor Swift. I'd date her if I could."

"Well I'm a fan of her ex boyfriend. Joe Jonas from the Jonas Brothers? It would be sweet if I get a fight with someone and he sings me one of their songs."

"I'll keep that in mind." He assures me. "I have Ophidiophobia, fear of snakes." Snakes? Well isn't everybody afraid of them?

"I have Arachnophobia, fear of insects, mostly spiders."

"There's a lot of that here."

"No way?" I almost freaked out, pulling my feet up the sofa.

He laughs, running a hand through his.locks. "Yes way."

"Okay let's not talk about spiders anymore please. It's your turn."

He nods, obeying. "I have a pet hamster and I named him Hamster. And I love pussy cats too." He didn't seem a tad embarassed. In fact, he looked confident.

This boy is weird.

"I have a dog, but yeah, he's a dog." I ran out of something to say. Despite that, he maintained really excited. I can't blame him because I'm having fun too.

"I have.. Four nipples. Yes, unusual, but it's true. Do you want to see it-" He started to tug his shirt up but I stopped him mid way before it could even reveal much of his skin.

We both laughed it off, him promising that he'll show it to me when I'm ready.

"I told myself I'd be best friends with anyone who would teach me how to play any instruments, aside from the piano. I prefer the guitar but then again, any instrument would be good."

"What's wrong with the piano?" He looks offended and my stomach drops. Does he play the piano?

"Nothing. It's just that I know how to play it already."

"You do?" He nearly yells. "You must be a professional!"

"Chill out! I'm not!" He continues to mumble things that I don't understand, except for words like orchestra and song. "Hey it's your turn!"

He raises his finger up, as if he remembered something. At that point, he stood up immediately and ran upstairs. Okay, now what did I say? Now I'm alone in the living room. Perfect.

30 seconds later, he jumps back on the sofa, bringing an exotic instrument that I haven't seen in my entire life.

"This is called the kazoo. Not many people play this kind of instrument. But I do." He played it and it was like a buzzing sound of different tunes. "Try it." He told me. "Don't worry. I don't have rabies."

He guided the instrument to my mouth, his hands being placed over mine. "Close your lips and try to hum.."

I do as I'm told and- woah I can't believe I'm actually playing an instrument. I hummed do re mi fa sol la ti do, hoping I wasn't out of tune. I was impressed with myself, pride taking over me and I push my hands up in the air. "This is going to be one of my favorite instruments."

"It better be because it's one of my favorites too!"

"Thank you for that, Harry." I exclaimed, really appreciative.

"Does that mean we're best friends now?"

"It's only been a week!"

"But I taught you how to play an instrument!" He whines. "It's even better than a guitar!"

I rolled my eyes at him, already having a decision in my mind. I scoot closer to him, his arm going over the back of the sofa. I take the remote that was stuck under him before I lean on his chest. He stiffens a bit and I thought he's going to push me away.

But he didn't. And that's enough for me to say my answer.

"Yes lad. We are."

And at that moment, Harry Styles and I?

Are now best buds.