Please Forgive Me

From the Desk of Alex Connors, May 27th, 2013

So I can’t lie.

My life was shit, except my dad loved me and hated my boyfriend. He and I had been dating on and off for two years.. It was going okay, I guess. I mean I had three amazing best friends, an amazing social life; even home life. Everything was great.

I was supposed to meet my boyfriend, Daniel, at the food court in the mall for lunch. I sat down with my bag and my book; waiting. I noticed a really hot group of guys sat at the table diagonal from me. I tried to read my book, because if Daniel saw me I would pay for it. He beat me a lot. I was used to it. I was fixing to text him when my phone rang. It was him.

“Hello?" I answered

“Hey babe, it’s me,” he said.

“Where are you? I’ve been waiting for an hour.”

“I can’t make it. I’m sorry. I've got to work overtime.”

“Yeah, whatever Danny.”

“Don’t get that attitude with me. You remember what happened last time.”

“Yeah, I’m sorry. Why can’t you make it?”

“I told you.”

“I don’t believe that.”

I hung up and grabbed my book and bag, getting up and throwing my stuff away. I walked off towards the book store. I went to Starbucks and got some coffee then remembered I left my phone on the counter. I groaned and ran back to get it. Thankfully, it was still on the counter. I picked it up and walked to the apartment Danny and I shared. There was a note on the door with the key.

Note: Hey, sorry but we have to break up. Here’s the key. You have four days to move. A group of guys bought it from the owners. Sorry, Danny.

I ripped the note off and stormed in the apartment. I packed all my shit, and threw it in the back of my truck. I went back to get my last bag and the group of guys from the mall were standing there. I grabbed my bag and tried to get out of the room without being noticed. It didn’t work. One of the guys saw me.

“And you are?” He asked, making the others turn around. 

“Leaving. Thanks.” I said sarcastically.

I walked out to my truck throwing the bag in the seat before walking around. I was about to get in when my phone rang. Danny. Again.

“What?”

“You get that box in the closet?” 

“What box in the closet?”

I walked back into the apartment; opening the closet door seeing the box.

“Yeah I got it. By the way, don’t call me ever again.” 

I hung up and picked up the box. Those guys were in my way. Again.

“Can I help you with something?” I said unhappily.

“Just interested to know your name,” the blonde replied.

I sighed.

“Alex. I got to go.” 

I walked between them and out to my truck trying not to cry. I set the box down and opened it. I took the note out and in the box was everything he had ever given me. I threw it on the sidewalk breaking everything in it. I got in my truck and sped out of there.

The worst part was we had a two month old baby together...

God. He was such a dickhead.