Chapter 3 - Lawliet

Hey there~ So... I wasn't sure if I should use Ryuzaki or L or Lawliet, but I figured that if his real name was L. Lawliet, and this wasn't going to involve cases, then using a fake name would be pointless right? So that leaves L or Lawliet. L is... a pretty unusual name to go by right? x'D In real life? AhahahA IDK;;//

Whatever! lol, let's just call him Lawliet. This isn't going to go according to the anime and shiz anyway so what daqu am I worrying about? ; v ; //nervous tension

Yes, I'm a weirdo huehue//

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lawliet was his name. It turns out he's a new student in our grade, and for some strange reason, he either sits in front of me, behind me, or next to me in nearly all of my classes! Yes, all.

"Don't you think it's a little strange?" Misa asks all of a sudden. We were sitting under the usual, lonesome tree where usually nobody would come around. It was lunch time, and the sun was burning hot. I could sweat just by sitting here, even under a tree!

"What?" Kiyori searches in her bag for something.

"Doesn't it seem like Lawliet of something is always around [M/N]? Like, is this just a coincidence or fate?" Misa asks thoughtfully, staring into the sky.

"You're right..." Kiyori nods. Her hands stop searching for whatever she was trying to find and focuses on the sky, blanking out, "He's always around."

"Sometimes, I'd catch him looking at you!" Misa suddenly turns to me with wide eyes.

"... Maybe he likes you," Kiyori thinks aloud, then quickly covers her mouth.

"Come on... that's--"

"Oh yes!" Misa interrupts me, the corner of her lips turn up, "I didn't think of that!"

I glare at Kiyori who mouths me a 'sorry'.

"That means you can finally be in a relationship!" She gasps, her eyes sparkling as she claps her hands together, excitedly.

"Misa... I don't even know him--"

"You can talk to him!" She interrupts once again, shining almost too bright. She's already bright the way she normally is.

"Misa" Kiyori steps in, "[M/N] doesn't like those type of guys..."

"It's fine! Fate is on our side" Misa gives her a thumbs up and a winks, "Can't you see that fate is setting them up as well?"

Great... there's no stopping this girl no matter what I say...

"Thanks, Kiyori" I mumble harshly, narrowing my eyes at her. Once Misa makes up her mind, she's impossible. She's as stubborn as a mule.

"Sorry" Kiyori gives a nervous smile.

"Shouldn't we be searching for him right now?" Misa jumps to her feet.

"Why?" I gasp as she pulls me to my feet. Was she always this strong?

"To get to know him better! Duh!" She grins as she drags me with her.

"Kiyori!" I stretch my free hand out to her, begging her silently to save me.

"Sorry! You're on your own!" She calls, waving us goodbye with a half smile. Amusement clear in her eyes.

"You traitor!" I cry, wailing as Misa drags me away.

-----

"Lawliet!" Misa calls as she runs over to him with me behind. He's surrounded by a group of girls. Quite easy to spot.

The group gives us their attention and I immediately want to rot away. This is so embarrassing! Why is Misa doing this? Even though this is just like her...

"Lawliet!" Misa walks over to him, her grip on me tightens as if she fears I'll run away. I can feel the glares of the girls stabbing me behind my back. Damn this is scary.

Lawliet stares at Misa blankly before turning his gaze to me. He's staring again. Why?

"I'm Misa" She beams, pulling me to her side, "And this is [M/N]"

"Misa..." I plead softly near her ear as I try to pull away. This girl is strong.

"Nice to meet you" Lawliet holds out his hand in front of me. His eyes piercing into mine. It's as if he's trying to read me...

"Uh, yeah" I take his hand awkwardly, giving him an awkward smile. His hand feels cold on my skin. They're bigger than mine, but a lot thinner and bonier. It makes me wonder if he eats.

The crowd gasps, and I pretend that it was all in my head.

"Your hand is really small" He lays it out on his palm as if he read my mind.

Flustered, I giggle. Yours is very bony and cold, but I don't say that.

"Haha, you guys are so cute together!" Misa squeals and I want to take her mouth shut and storm out of here. Away from school. We barely even talk, Misa! Is she trying to get me killed? Oh god, someone, please hide me!

He must've noticed how glum I looked because he tilts his head to take a better look at me, "Are you okay?"

I jump. "Yes," I quickly say.

"You don't look so comfortable though" He states monotonously.

Don't say it out loud!

"Oh, she's just shy! Don't mind her" Misa smirks at me.

Damn it, Misa!

"Is that so?" His eyes still on me and tone with a hint of curiosity, "Does that mean you remember?"

What? I stare at him blankly. What is that even supposed to mean?