Revival

Auria's POV

I rolled out of bed. I yawned as my feet hit the floor, gradually waking up. I stumbled into the kitchen. We were in the eagles hideout. Sky was making cookies. I laughed, considering it was 6 am and she was baking. Arlyn and I had joined recently, and most mornings Sky was baking. She pulled the cookies out of the oven and I nabbed one. I stuck it in my mouth and yelped. It hadn't burnt my hand, being a fire mage, but it sizzled on my tongue. Sky laughed and handed me some milk. I gulped it down and Arlyn appeared in the doorway. "Mornin'." He yawned. I hit him on the arm and he rubbed it grumpily. "You know I just got my tattoo there, Auria." Sky and me laughed and he pouted. "How would you feel if I hit your chest?" I glared at him. He smirked and I remarked, "I would call the guards. You'd get away with third degree burns and a trip to the dungeons." He winced. "Ouch." I touched my collarbone. It now held two Eagles tattoos, matching my mage markings under my eye. They were red stars. Arlyn's eagle tattoo was white and on his arm, matching his white moon mage marking. They clashed with his dark purple skin. As I walked past, I ruffled his curly black hair. "Oi. Hair is off-limits, princess." I laughed and kissed his cheek. "Maybe I wouldn't want to touch it if you'd brush it." He self-consciously patted his hair. Sky laughed. "Wake up some of the other Eagles. We have stuff to do. And tell Diego that next time I make cookies, he needs to help or he won't get any." I heard a groan from the other room and Diego waltzed in. "C'mon, honey. You know I'm not a morning person." He grabbed a cookie and bit into it. He quickly spit it out and we all laughed. "How's your wound, Auria?" Sky asked. Everyone turned to me. "Fine, I guess." It was still wrapped in a bandage after a month. I looked away guiltily. I still hadn't told anyone that Aileene was still in me. She had possessed me, making me a murderer and thief. She was my grandmother, which made it all weird. I kept on waking up from nightmares, but none of them were nightmares. Most everyone had forgotten that nobles can't dream. They only have visions. She appeared every night, taunting me usually. Arlyn was the only one who knew about the 'nightmares'. Since Aida could dream, practically everyone had forgotten I couldn't. Even when I had died, I hadn't lost the noble side of me because Aileene's soul had torn a piece of mine with it when it died, leaving me with a small piece of her soul to replace mine. Arlyn and I walked out and started waking up Eagles. After that, we rushed to the kitchen to grab some cookies before the rest of the eagles got there. It ended up in a giggle fight with a group of kids. Arlyn and I were some of the tallest kids there, so we got around ten cookies altogether. A guy, around our age, nabbed around thirteen cookies. "Hey! You better share those!" I yelled. He turned back and grinned. Images flashed before my eyes rapidly. I staggered back, stunned. I felt someone grab my arm. I fell back, supported by the person. I realised it was Arlyn. The images were mostly about the kaleik eagle. I saw from his eyes as a fire burnt a kaleik camp. He started running. The image faded into a picture of who I guessed was Bryson, the former Eagles leader. He welcomed the kaleik into the eagles. More of the kid's memories flooded into me until new things started. The sun elf appeared again. She winked and gave a thumbs up. Faces flashed before my eyes quickly. They stopped for a moment on the image of closed eyes. They opened and the vision ended.