CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE

Start from the beginning

"I-I-I don't know."

"Fred."

"Well, don't act like you weren't jealous, Ellie!"

The tension was building as their ever-obvious frustration with each other grew. Clearly, they didn't even care if anyone around them could hear their conversation as neither one of them thought of having their talk in a more private area.

"I wasn't jealous until you invited Angelina," Eleanor admitted, "and I wouldn't even call it jealousy, but I know it hurt. I didn't do anything to spite you. I was just trying to help a friend; you could have been a bit more understanding! Or at least asked me before making assumptions!"

"Fine," Fred sighed, "Then let's just split the blame- "

"No! I will not take the blame for any of this. If you're not going to apologise for being a total arse, don't bother talking to me."

With Eleanor getting the last word, Fred watched as she walked away from him, and out of the Great Hall.

Angelina, Katie, and Alicia returned to the Great Hall just in time to witness Eleanor storming out, leaving all three girls to sigh knowingly. They found George first, who seemed just as troubled about the situation as they were.

"Let me guess, he didn't tell her, did he?" Angelina asked as she sat beside George.

He shook his head. "They were dancing for a little bit, then they started talking, but that quickly turned into an argument. So, I'm going to go out on the limb of twin intuition and say that he didn't tell her."

"I guess taking extra long was completely pointless," Katie huffed, "what is he doing?!"

"It's Fred," Angelina pointed out, "he's completely stubborn and doesn't like to admit when he's in the wrong. He probably thought that he could smile at Eleanor, make a joke or two and all would be forgiven."

Suddenly, Fred made his way over to the table where they were all sitting, grumpily sitting down, all the while, looking in the direction of the doors of the Great Hall.

"She just walked off! You know, she thinks she knows everything!" he grumbled. "She kept insisting that I was jealous of Doncho and wouldn't drop it!"

"Fred, you were jealous of Doncho," George told him.

"I was not-"

Fred stopped as his brother and teammates stared at him, with knowing expressions.

"Alright, so I was a little jealous, what does it matter?"

"Freddie, you're my brother and I love you," George said, "but you're being a total git about the whole thing. You were jealous of Doncho and while jealousy is a normal emotion, you took it a bit too far. You made Eleanor feel bad and she got upset with you, rightfully so. And rather than apologising to her, you just wanted the whole thing to blow over. I know you don't like saying you're sorry, but you have to, Ellie deserves an apology. So, go on, go find her before it's too late."

Rather than yelling at him, the girls gave Fred encouraging nods as Katie and Alicia lifted Fred out of the chair and Angelina gave him the push towards the Great Hall. All of them were silently praying that he would do the right thing.

"Alright, now which of you are going to carry me?" George asked them. "My feet hurt."

All three girls walked away, leaving him to sit at the table alone. He pouted for a moment before realising that he could just use the empty chair to put his feet up and relax. From where he was sitting, George could see the entire dance floor, where the majority of students seemed to be enjoying themselves as the Weird Sisters played several upbeat songs. However, as George turned his head, he could see where Harry and Ron were sitting by themselves, looking quite sad.