Chapter One (Short Filler)

Chapter One -
Some Ain't Right

A U G U S t

"Damn..." I mumble. I reach over grabbing my vibrating phone off the dresser.

"Wazzam?" I answer.

"August? This Zaria... Have you heard from Demarie', because Layla daycare called saying somebody needs to come get her because Demarie' haven't came to pick her up yet."

I got out the bed, looking around the house to see her gone.

"Nah, she was here last night but she gone. She must've left when I was asleep." I tell her.

She groaned.

"I'll try to call ha' and see if she pick up. Do you need me to go get Layla?"

"Yes please. I'm stuck at work and they said if nobody didn't come get her in the next hour they're going to call social services." Zaria stressed.

"Ight, I gotchu' sis."

"Thanks August."

"No problem. I'll hit you back."

"Okay." She hung up.

Taking a quick shower, I throw on some sweats and black t-shirt tryna keep it simple. I grab my keys and phone then was out door.

While walking to the car, I tried calling Demarie'.

These days, all I do is

Wonder if you bendin' over backwards for someone else

Wonder if you're rollin' up a backwoods for someone else

Doing things I taught you, gettin' nasty for someone else

I bend down, looking under my back tire grabbing the phone.

"What the fuck?" I say to myself.

It was Demarie' phone. She had over twenty missed called from multiple people.

Some ain't right...

-

This chapter was longer than this but I broke it up into more than one chapter.

But, how was the first chapter?

-

Comment. Vote. Share. Addtoyourlibraries. Comment. Follow. Most importantly Comment.