CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE

Börja om från början

Once she got over the shock of it all, Eleanor found herself happy for Marnie because it really did seem like she had moved on from her childhood crush. Maybe she hadn't expected Marnie to date Lee of all people, nothing against him, but she had never mentioned him even in passing, so it appeared to be out of the blue. However, Eleanor liked Lee, she thought he was funny and kind, and he was good friends with Fred and George, which would make it easier for all of them to spend time together if it worked out.

"That's great, Marnie, I hope you two have fun," Eleanor told her before turning to Cedric, "well, I guess that just leaves me and you- "

"Sorry, Ellie, I just remembered that I have a date with Cho at Hogsmeade. Next time though."

Cedric didn't say anything else as he grabbed his wand to clean up the spill and once the juice had been cleared away from the table and his trousers, he left the table abruptly and walked over to where Cho was sitting. Marnie excused herself, claiming she wanted to get ready for her date, leaving Eleanor to sit quietly at the Hufflepuff table by herself.

Left alone, Eleanor attempted to start knitting to keep herself occupied, but only after a minute or so, she gave up, not really in the mood to even work on her favourite hobby.

Hopefully looking up, Eleanor glanced over in the direction table, thinking that maybe the twins would be there, so she could ask them to spend the day in Hogsmeade, but they were nowhere in sight. Thinking that she could go by herself and just walk around, Eleanor was preparing to leave the Great Hall, when the post owls came in carrying the latest letters and thankfully, there was one for her.

Dear Ellie,

I wish there were more I could say that would offer you some peace of mind, unfortunately, this is a tricky situation. I don't believe for a second that Harry was the one who placed his name in the Goblet, but that only leaves the option that someone else put his name in. Which only leads to other questions of who and why? I know you don't have much faith in the Ministry, neither do I, but I believe that Dumbledore will treat this entire situation carefully and hopefully, launch an investigation to either get Harry out of the competition or make sure he had can compete safely.

In the meantime, I would advise you not to worry but I know as well as anyone else, that it is much easier said than done. You can reassure Harry that he's not alone, he still has plenty of people that are willing to support him during these times. Try to keep me updated as much as possible. I'll be waiting for your next letter.

Love,

Dad.

P.S. If a chocolate bar can't fix it, how about two?

Eleanor could only stifle a laugh as she pulled out two chocolate bars from the envelope. One of them she would definitely gift to Harry, thinking he would get a laugh out of it as well.

Dermot had waited long enough for his owner to read over the letter before he demanded to be acknowledged, pecking Eleanor's hand. She did her best to hold in her little yelp, before reaching into her pocket and pulling out a small owl treat. She had anticipated his arrival at some point in the day, making it a point to carry something to tip him with. However, clearly, Dermot didn't care much about his tips as he did when seeking attention. But he did gladly take the treat from her before Eleanor scratched the top of his head gently.

"You're absolutely spoiled, you know that?"

"My mother has mentioned it once or twice. But I disagree with her."