Chapter 10: Run ins

Jace cousin James!

Jace's POV:

"Is that you Jace?" My eyes travel up the tall man and land on the face of my cousin James, crap. I stand there like a deer caught in the headlights unsure of what do I should do.

"J-James." I stutter out finally a smile pulls to his lips as he walks over pulling me into a bear hug. I tense at first before slowly wrapping my arms around him in return.

"It's been a while, I've missed you. I'm sorry I haven't come to visit since I left Italy all those years back." He mumbles against the top of my head guilt noticeable in his voice, I give a slight nod.

"It's okay James, I know it takes a lot of money to fly out there and I'm sure you were busy. I don't blame you any." And I wouldn't want to come back either I mumble low under my breath where he couldn't hear me . James out of all of my cousins was my only true friend and when he left for college in America I was devastated.

He never knew what was happening in my house or I believe he might have taken me with him. I kept wishing that one day he would ask or see something but that day never came and before I knew it he was gone.

Just thinking about it has tears gather in my eyes as I try to blink them back. He pulls me into another bone crushing hug whispering how sorry he is. That's all it took and a loud sob slips from my lips and I break down while clinging to him.

By now people are looking at us with worried expressions and a very worried looking Lander walks over. Gathering me in his arms when James lets me go.

"Are you okay babe?" He asks his voice dripping with concern and worry, I give a small nod not trusting my voice.

"Whoses this?" James asks, staring Lander down but he answers before I do.

"My name is Lander Evans, it's nice to meet you I am Jace's boyfriend. Who might you be? " His eyes grow wide in shock as he looks down at me and before a small smile graces his lips.

"I'm James Wolf, Jace's cousin. It's also nice to meet you." He says shaking his hand.

"How about we sit down?" I offer, James smiles and nods as I lead them both to a back booth so we can have more privacy. Lander and I slide into one side as James slides into the other.

"How have you been? What have you been up to?" James asks breaking the silence and the stare off we were having.

"I've been good. I finished college for culinary arts then moved up there opened this and met Lander. What about you?" I ask looking over at Lander out of the corner of my eye with a smile.

"I'm glad to hear it, and I'm good. I just moved up here actually so you will be seeing more of me. I just finished mad school a couple months back and got hired at the local hospital up there." He says proudly.

"That's amazing J, have you found a place yet? If not you can stay with me until you do." I offer, since I have plenty of room at the house and it would be nice to have him around all the time.

"I wouldn't want to impose on you, but thank you for the offer."

"You wouldn't be imposing I really do want you there. I miss you." I tell him truthfully.

"Well as long as your sure but remember it's only until I can find my own place." He says seriously, I smile and nod agreeing to his terms, it will feel good having some type of family back.

"Oh, by the way your dad called me the other day wondering if I've heard from you. What's with the vanishing act, huh?" He asks in a teasing tone making me tense at his words, as worry sets in and I can feel Lander radiating anger beside me.