Chapter 7: Luna

Lander's other father Cedric!

Jace's POV:

"Fucking fags." Someone calls out making me tense immediately. Lander stops mid step turning to look at the guy with a glare. He sits me down carefully before slowly stalking towards him.

The mans face loses all trace of disgust, as he pales and fear enters his eyes. I can't help but be slightly satisfied and slightly scared by his reaction. Lander grabs him by his throat slamming him to the ground as I finch back in surprise.

"It's okay little one it has to be done, no disrespect will be tolerated." Papa says pulling me into him, I just nod and look on.

"You think you can disrespect my mate your Luna and your Alpha!" Lander snarls in his face, the young man whimpers and shows his neck in what I'm guessing is submission? Lander doesn't let off though as he still growls and snarls in his face.

"I'm sorry alpha, Luna." The young man squeaks out scared out of his mind, Lander slowly eases off of him as he stands.

"You better be, you are now on night patrols for the next two weeks." He says while looking down at him with a glare. He walks back over to me giving me a apologetic smile.

"I'm sorry you had to see that." He whispers caressing my cheek, as I look up into his eyes.

"It's okay Papa explained everything to me so I understand." I tell him even though it did kind of freak me out, he smiles proudly at me before grabbing my hand and leading towards the stage. When we get to the stage he straightens his shoulders and seems to grow taller if that's even humanly possible.

"As you can all see I will not tolerate any disrespect to me or my mate. So if this bothers you leave the pack now or suck it up." His voice booms through the room, and when no one leaves he continues.

"With that now out of the way I would like you all to meet my mate and your Luna Jace Alex Hobbs." Hello's and cheers break out through out the room taking me by surprise. I shrink back some but Lander rubs my back in encouragement I stand a little straighter.

"Um, hello everyone." I say shyly, with pink cheeks. Some of the female members awe at me making me blush more.

"Now what?" I ask looking up with Lander.

"Now we mingle and the party starts." He says giving me that breath taking smile of his. I nod and follow him as he leads us off the stage and into the crowd of people as my anxiety shots up. But I push it down as I greet and talk to people, this isn't so bad I think until I come face to face with a huge man.

"Jace this is Antonio he is one of our strongest pack warriors." Lander says introdusing him, I hide behind Lander and peek around his arm to look up as this huge man. He smiles down at me since he's like 7 foot tall, okay so maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit.

"Hello there Luna." He says in a deep voice thick with a spanish accent. I peek around Lander's arm again mumbling a quick hello. He chuckles as his smiles grows.

"You have got yourself a keeper here Alpha, he's a cutie." My brows fold and a frown finds its way to my face.

"I'm not cute I'm handsome." I whin to myself not meaning for them to hear but I know they did when they start laughing. Hahaha laugh it up.

"My bad Luna handsome." He says with a smirk, I give one swift nod and move on to the next person. This is pretty much how the rest of the night goes with eating inbetween.

After I have greeted everyone towards the end of the night I hang out with Lilan as he tells me all these cool things around wolves and the pack. And something called a rouge which I don't like the sound of. While standing there I yawn a few times.

"Do you want to go to bed babe?" Lander asks leaning over kissing my cheek. I think about it for a moment looking at my watch to see it's past midnight before nodding my head yes since I'm officially opening the diner tomorrow.

I found a few of the younger pack members wanting a job and some of the older ones to help with the cooking. We excuse ourselves and make our way back to his apartment, not even caring tonight I just strip down to my boxes and jump into bed. I can hear Lander cussing, hmm I had some kind of effect on him is the last thing I think before drifting off.

***************

I wake up to the shinning in my face, I  sit up glaring towards the crack in the curtains. A soft laugh then drifts into my ears, I turn to see a sleepy looking Lander smiling up at me softly. I lean over kissing him before hopping out of bed to brush my teeth and release my blater.

Afterwards I head to the kitchen to make us a quick breakfast, something simple eggs, toast, and sausage. Just as I finish up and plate the food Lander walks in, in only his boxers making my mouth water at the sight. He seems to notice as me smirks at me taking a seat where I had just put down food.

We eat in a comfortable silence, I look towards to stove to see the clock only to freak out. I only have an hour before I'm opening the diner and I'm not even ready yet. I squeal before jumping up and heading to the shower.

I get out wrapping a towel around my waist, heading towards Lander's closet for clothes for now. Luckily Lander took a shower last night before bed.

When I walk out I find him dressed as well so we quickly stop by my house so I can change into clothes that actually fit me then head to the diner. When I get there the chasier (Abby), the 2 servers (Dom, Katy), and cooker (Slate) are here.

I smile calling them all over then getting to work, I show Abby how to use the register, and I go over the menus with Dom and Katy. Then Slate and I get to work prepping the kitchen. I check my watch about 45 minutes later and decide to open up a bit earlier.

As soon as I flip the sign to open and unlock the door people start flooding in. And I have a feeling this has something to do with Lander but I can't say I'm upset more thankful. I quickly start helping sitting before making my way to the kitchen as orders start coming in.

Slate and I move around the kitchen quickly, putting dishes out as fast as they come. I am surely happy I hired another cook or I would be so screwed right now. After what feels like hours the orders stop coming and everyone is fed.

I take a deep breath sitting down at one of the empty tables, well I can already tell that this is going to be a long day. And I was right we had a rush hour all day it seems and by the time it was time to go home I was exhausted, as I walk towards the door I pump into someone fall down.

But I'm to tired to really think about it so I mumble an apology reaching for the hand put out to me only to feel sparks flying knowing now that it's Lander. He pulls me into his chest and I let my head drop on his shoulder.

"Carry me to the car I'm to tired." I mumble to him half a sleep already, he chuckles lifting into his arms and carrying me out. The drive to my house is a short one, he carry's me inside and even undresses me for bed before climbing in with me. Im out like a light rather quickly after that. And that night I have happy dreams of Lander and my new family.

***********

Well there you go, I'm sorry its kinda short but I felt like that was a good place to end it. No worries though because you will be getting two chapters again this week! Woot! Woot! Anywho, let me know what all you guys think please! :)