Chapter 2

(Y/n) P.O.V

After a small dinner of a couple of carrots, I took a shower and changed into the clothes I stole.

The water was the easiest thing I had, the building operators forgot to turn the water supply off here and left me with free water.

I sat on the dusty old leather couch I had and drummed my fingers on my knee.

I looked at the watch I had and decided to call it a day. I pulled out the thin mattress I had with the thin blankets and fell into a deep sleep.

When I woke up, I noticed it was no longer the weekend, which sucked because that meant it was Monday and Monday meant walk my friends to the bus stop day seeing as I finished school.

I walked to the bus stop and waited for a while until I got a text from my phone, also stolen, how about we just assume that everything I own is stolen okay?

It was my friend, (f/n). She apparently had the flu and wouldn't be going to school today, so that meant I woke up for nothing! I could have lounged about at home or started looking up some good universities to attend.

I muttered words of anger as I trudged home, nicking a bag of lollies as I walked by the candy store.

I entered the soundless shack and went to my laptop. I did research for two hours or so until I gave up and decided to have a brunch seeing as I didn't eat break fast.

Once I was done, I strolled outside the streets until I came across The Lucky Cat Cafe.

That name sounded familiar. That's when I saw the sign requesting for help. It was the job article I was aiming for.

I walked in to see it very busy with customers. I walked to the front of the cashier to see a lady with brunette hair and emerald green eyes.

"Hi! Welcome to The Lucky Cat Cafe!" She smiled.

"Uh hi! Are you still looking for help?" I asked uncertain. Immediately her eyes lit up.

"Yes! Are you offering to help?" She asked.

"Um yes, for a wage of 5 dollars an hour, I can work late to... And early." I said. She looked taken back at me.

"Are you sure? You are offering quite a lot for very little... Won't your parents worry?" She asked. I swallowed, I was a 14 year old, parent less child, did she need to know that? I think not.

"Oh they won't mind, they're busy in business trips and such, and five dollars is more than enough." I responded.

"Well, if your sure... You can start on Monday next week." She offered.

"Thanks." I grinned as she waved goodbye. I skipped in joy as I headed home, things were finally turning around for me.

As soon as I told (f/n) about the good news, she began to worry. "You said your parents are rich and famous? Why would you need to work?" She asked.

"Well, I'm not selfish you know... I want to do my share." I defended.

"Well you sure are kind." She responded.

"It wasn't easy, at first they were all against the idea but a little persuasion managed to win them over." I lied.

"Well, I guess that means no more walking me to the bus stop." (F/n) said.

"Yeah... Sorry." I apologised.

"Nah it's okay, I get it... I have to go study for a test now... See you later!" And with that she hung up the phone. I sighed deeply, she was my only friend who actually cared about me, and I had no choice but to lie about my so called amazing life to her.

The more I lied the more the situation grew, couldn't the police catch me and throw me in juvenile detention yet?

I decided to walk out after dark for fresh air. I walked into an alleyway that was really loud. Clanging could be heard miles away.

I saw a bunch of people crowded around two robots fighting. It was pretty entertaining but also dangerous.

Just as I was about to leave, a police siren wailed in the air and caught everyone off guard. The next thing you know, everyone was arrested and thrown in jail. I had a separate cell to them though as I didn't bot fight, I just watched.

They said they would let me out in a couple of days. Which was great because I would be fed here.

After my time was up, I sadly left the police station building and walked home to my empty apartment.

I ate the remaining food I had and decided i needed to go shopping again.

I snuck out to a small shop to see a pile of apples and other fruits. I looked at the cashier who was asleep. Perfect.

I grabbed a couple dozen apples or so and other foods and placed them in a bag.

I picked my bags up and started to head out the store, happy with myself.

That's when I heard a voice whisper. "HEY! You are stealing!". I froze and turned to the source of sound which happened to be a boy about my age.

He was rather scrawny and skinny. He had dark brown eyes and jet black scruffy hair. He was slightly pale and pinkish with a rather cute tooth gap.

He wore two shirts with a navy blue hoodie on top. The first being a long sleeved white shirt and the other being a red t shirt with a robot print on it.

He wore tan khaki pants with white ankle socks and dark brown converse shoes with yellow laces.

"Uh... Stealing to you but surviving to me." I said about to run off.

"Wait! What do you mean?" He asked.

"Uh it's complicated." I said quickly, running off and to my home. I checked my back to make sure the boy wasn't following me. When I was sure he wasn't, I sighed and entered my house.

I don't know why I was so scared, he was just a kid who I could have beaten up thanks to my martial arts.

I shrugged the thought of him off, it's not like we were going to see each other again, I didn't know his name and he didn't know mine so what was the worry?