Chapter 40: Nogitsune Stiles

Start from the beginning

"Stiles? What's wrong? Where are you? Did something happen to Scott? What happened to you?"

"I-I don't know... I don't know where I am, or--or how I got here." He takes in a sharp breath, "I-I--I think I was sleepwalking."

"Tell me what you see. Any marks or, people you know?"

"It's too dark, I can't-I can't see." He takes in another breath. 'There's something-something wrong with my--" The line goes out.

"Stiles? STILES!" I scream into the phone. I put the phone down and look around. I call him again but get his voicemail. "Come on!" I say calling him again, with the same response; voicemail. He then calls me, "Stiles, what happened?"

"I-I can't move, I can't get out!!"

"Where are you?"

"I can't see, it's to dark! Something is wrong with my leg, it's stuck on something and I think it's bleeding."

"How bad? Stiles how much pain are you in, tell me what's happening! Stiles! Can you hear me?"

"There's a smell down here. Something terrible." He says crying.

"I have to call Scott or your dad--"

"NO!"

"What do you mean no? You are hurt and-and-and..."

"Please, no. Promise me you won't call him! He already worries enough."

"But what if I can't find you! I can't make that promise."

"Please, please don't call my dad, please."

"But--"

"He doesn't have to know, you can find me, I believe in you."

"Stiles--"

"I gotta go, I have to turn the phone off."

"What, no! Stiles!"

"I'll call you right back."

"STILES!!" BEEEEEEEEP I start breathing heavily and scream,"STILES!" as if he can hear me. I get another call.

"Stiles, give me a clue, where are you?"

"Did you call my dad?"

"No--"

"I'm in some sort of basement."

"Like in a house?"

"No, more industrial." He sniffles and I listen over the phone. I hear the wind, not air conditioning, or heat. "I think there is a furnace, but it's freezing."

"Ok Stiles, listen--"

"I have to turn the phone off now, it's going to die."

"No, Stiles, what else?" I ask listening. I hear wind and leaves rustling.

"It's going to die..." He whispers.

"Why are you whispering?" I ask.

"I don't think I'm alone...." And he hangs up. I didn't hear a heartbeat, why would he think someone else is there?

I start to run through the woods until I hear Melissa talking with someone.

"The real question is how do we know he's not still asleep?" Agent McCall asks.

I zone out and think about what he said. What if he is still asleep? I keep running through the woods when I smell a familiar smell, "STILES!" I scream. I keep running towards the scent and almost fall into a hole. I look down and gasp. I take out my phone and call Melissa.