Hugging a Stranger, Anytime Kiddo, and an I.O.U.

Start from the beginning

First of all, we hated each other. He was the boy on the motorcycle, who had been a complete ass. I was the maniac who almost hit him and wrecked my moms car, which was the reason I was even here anyway.

He hated me. I hated him. We argued and disagreed and yelled at each other. We did not hug or flirt or whatever the hell that was.

But I was smirking anyway, because I was just able to make one of the toughest and most stubborn person I know flustered. And that, in it's self, was some kind of accomplishment.

Feeling a little lighter than before, I went back to wiping down shelves. Man, I couldn't wait until Odie came back with lunch.

Too bad he didn't know he should've bought lunch for three.

-DREW'S POINT OF VIEW-

Stupid stupid stupid. Why did I say that? I wasn't even thinking it. I have no idea how the hell it even came out of my mouth.

Plus, it caught me off guard and then I got all flustered and stupid and ran off. Why did I run off? Why the hell did she even have to hug me in the first place?

We hated each other. We fought, we argued. We didn't hug and say stupid things. We were suppose to hate each other. She almost hit me with her car!

Hate is really such a strong word though.

Maybe I didn't hate her. Maybe I liked that she hugged me. Maybe, just maybe, I liked that someone had actually worried about me for real instead of just pretending because they had to.

No. I hated her. I was only thinking these things because I felt like I owed her. She fixed me up and even took me home that night, and dammit, I felt like I owed her something. And I hated owing people.

Suddenly, the back door creaked open and Odie wobbled in, carrying a white paper bag and a tray of sodas on his arm.

"So, I heard the magic magician suddenly decided to finally reappear." he joked, closing the door with his hip and setting down everything on the coffee table.

"I told you it would be for a while," I said, shrugging my shoulders.

Odie picked up a soda from the tray, taking long gulps from the straw.

"Well I knew you were fine." he grinned, waving his fingers at me. "It was Hailey who was all worried about you."

The way he said that, it was like he knew something I didn't. I raised my eyebrows. She couldn't have told him about that night, could she? I decided to test it out.

"Well I have no idea why-"

"Oh pleaseeee." Odie chuckled, "I heard you were a mess. Maybe a little incoherent even."

She did tell him. I should've known.

"I can't believe she told you! That was suppose to be a secret." I frowned, looking over at him as he pulled about six fries from the bag and shoved them all into his mouth.

"Says who?" he mumbled in between chews, "You didn't exactly tell her to keep it a secret you know. Plus, this is my shop."

I sighed. "I just didn't want you to think I couldn't take care of the store myself."

Odie sighed to. Then he walked over to where I was standing and patted me on the back.

"Oh Drew. You know that I know that you can handle this shop all on your own. I'm just glad you're okay." Then he held up the fry container, offering me some, but I just shook my head.

"You are okay right?" he suddenly had that same expression Hailey had when I walked in. "Everything alright at home? Family's doing good?"

"The usual." I said, sighing again.