CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE

As the time grew closer to the expected arrival of their guests, Eleanor continued to put her focus into her studies, knowing very well, it was going to be difficult to focus once the students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang arrived, and the Triwi...

As the time grew closer to the expected arrival of their guests, Eleanor continued to put her focus into her studies, knowing very well, it was going to be difficult to focus once the students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang arrived, and the Triwizard Tournament began. Professor McGonagall had warned her along with the others to be on their best behaviour after serving their last detention, which Fred and George explained it meant, they couldn't get caught in the meantime. However, Eleanor was doing her best to avoid any sort of conflict, especially trying her best to avoid Artemis.

Once Marnie and Cedric had learned about what Artemis had said during the detention, it took the entire Hufflepuff Quidditch team, on Cedric's orders to hold Marnie back. She was hell-bent on finding Artemis in the castle and kicking her arse up and down the corridors as she had put it. And even though Eleanor had been angered by Artemis' insults towards her father, she didn't see anything good coming out of Marnie starting up a fight.

She figured it was best to leave it and Eleanor didn't dare mention it to her father in her letters either, she didn't want him to fret over such matters, especially since in his latest letter, he seemed happy.

Dear Ellie,

As much as I would like to return to teaching, I don't think now is the appropriate time to do so. Perhaps one day though. Regarding Moody, I'll admit I don't know him very well, he was rather gruff and private when I worked with him. Seems some things haven't changed. Try to learn as much as possible while he's available, I know he may not come across as the friendliest but he's definitely far more qualified than I when it comes to his knowledge and experience fighting the Dark Arts.

Your mother and I are excited to hear about the possible internship programme at the Ministry, and your grandfather said he'll put in any sort of recommendation if need be. Of course, it may come across as slightly bias coming from him, since he absolutely adores you. We've been helping your mother with some repairs around the home and she's been spoiling us with all sorts of new recipes that she's been trying out. She's been fretting over the dress robes though; she wasn't sure if you were going to like the colour red that we chose for you.

If you could reassure her that you do like them in your next letter, or if you don't like them, I suppose we could look into getting you another set of your choosing.

Hope all is going well with you and your studies, and I hope your friends are doing well too. I've sent a little something to cheer you up and if you wish, you can always share it. Can't wait for your next letter.

Love you,

Dad

And much to Eleanor's amusement sent with the letter was a large bar of chocolate. It probably would have lasted longer too but she took up her father's suggestion of sharing it, especially during long nights in the library. Whenever Madam Pince wasn't staring their table down, Eleanor would break off a piece and throw it into Fred's mouth. Although at one point, Marnie reached out her hand and snatched it from the air before eating it. Fred's cheated expression caused everyone at the table to laugh until Madam Pince rounded the corner, forcing all of them to look down at their books.