-1-

Zayona Mitchell

"Please stop!" I screamed.

But that didn't stop him blow after blow he continued to beat the crap out of me. All I could here was his heavy breathing and the cracking of my bones after each painful kick he gave me.

"Where the fuck is she?!" he yelled.

"Why the fuck am I always getting beat up if he mad at her" I thought to myself.

He constantly gets drunk and decides to beat on me and this woman always decides its best if she goes back to him. Somehow some way he sweet talks her up a storm right back into our lives after she promises us it won't happen again.

Her excuse was always "He's your father, you need him in your life" then she hugs me and says it will get better. Clearly it never got better and that man isn't my father he is a sperm donor. I will never give that asshole any type of credit of my life.

I zoned back in to getting my face stomped on.

"WHERE THE HELL IS SHE!???! YOU KNOW SHE IS OUT YHERE BEING A HOE SO YOU WILL GET HER ASS WHOOPING" he yelled

I couldn't say anything all I had enough energy or strength to do at this point was just to cough up blood and find any available oxygen as he began to choke me. My coughing pissed him off even more as he took me by the hair and dragged me across the room letting my head hit whatever it came in contact with...hard! I just wanted to die.

"Jamal!! Stop!!"I heard my mother scream as she ran across the living room and tried to pull him off.

He punched her hard and she fell back as her caramel skin quickly swelled up and turned purple. He then turned around and kicked me as I rolled over in agony and looked into my 11 year old little sister, Rayna,frightened watery light brown eyes. She was clutching my cellphone as she hid behind the couch.

"She must have called mom." I thought. I hated her seeing me like this.

Rayna was the reason I just dealt with this because I couldn't let her go though this alone. I tried to take all of the beatings so he would leave her alone. Rayna wasn't his and ever since my mom stepped out on him this was our life.

I looked up once more at Rayna and tried to mouth the word "I'm sorry" but I seen his foot fly towards my face once more time giving me a blow to my head with his heavy boot. I seen blood...lots of it and then everything went black.
.

.

.

.

.

I woke up hearing what felt like a ton of voices, causing my head to pound even harder and the bright lights in my face wasn't making it any better either.

"She's waking up" I heard a female voice say as she was walking out of the room.

I was so confused and I wanted to ask so many questions but for some reason I just couldn't get it out. My throat was extremely dry and every time I tried to make sense of what was happening or where I was my head started to pound again, feeling like a jack hammer just kept going off on top of my head.