19: The "guys"

A/N: these new characters won't stay for long. Unless you specifically tell me that you want them to. Otherwise, they're only staying for about 2-3 chapters, and then it's back to normal. I noticed something. This story doesn't even have a plot. Eh. What am I even going to do with this...?

~*~

Fionna's POV

Behind the trees, sat Approximately four guys, and one girl. From what I could see. they were all casually sitting around a campfire, that dazzled and cracked with blue light. Immortals.

The light shined only faintly on their faces, leaving me with no clue what they looked like, or what they even were.

Marshall snapped me out of my thoughts. "Fionna. You comin'?"

"HUH?! Of course, uh- yeah!"

I looked back at his friends. I wondered, letting my partly curious side get the best of me. What were they?

Marshall unexpectedly pulled me out of the brush of the forest, grabbing the attention of all the campers. He took a short glance at me, and then back at them.

Then- he began to drag me over to them. Whatever they were. I honestly- honestly didn't want to be there for some reason. Something was telling me not to. Something in my gut. cake had always told me to stick with my gut, but she wasn't exactly great in a crisis, either. I simply pushed the thought to the back of my brain.

Once we got close enough to speak, one of the guys yelled, "YO MARSH!"

Marshall perked up in response. "Wazzup zayden?" He replied, almost completely flipping personalities at the sound of his friend's chilling voice.

"Nothin' much, just chillin', like the usual. I see you have a little friend there." Apparently 'zayden' answered.

"Just my little girly, here." Marshall nonchalantly stated, gesturing to me, patting my head as if I was some sort of tamed Canine. If he meant that in an "unfriendly" way... I needed to straighten out that dude. Get his mind out of the gutter.

The girl of the group pranced over to Marshall. "Didn't forget about me, marsh, now did you?" She asked, getting much closer to him than I would like. I have to admit, it made me unbelievably uncomfortable...

She looked about 16 or 17. Looking normal, nothing stood out... Very much. That was, until she turned her head, and I noticed thick ears popping out of her long, dark brown hair. Also, she possessed a long Burgundy brown tail, which swished back and fourth curiously.

Had to be a werewolf.

Marshall's answer bothered me even more. "Never."

I felt my heart crack. Not break. Crack. Breaking would be- unreasonable at this time. For now, it just stayed there, vulnerable and fragile, like a half frozen August pond, just beginning to melt because of the temperature. If anyone would have stepped on the ice, it would, no doubt, break into a million tiny pieces, eventually swallowing the victim whole.

You catch my drift?

They were staring into each others eyes for a moment, before he quickly flipped to me. "Fionna!"

"Huh?"

"These are the guys."

~*~

Marshall's POV

Me and Desireé had a moment there. It was a short moment- but it was a moment. I had to admit it. She was sexy. But she.. didn't have that definite glow that i was so fond of. nevertheless, I couldn't keep from doing things like that. No guy could. But when I glanced back at all of my old buds, something had changed my mind. Quickly. They were all staring at fionna. My fionna. One just stared blankly, another licked his lips in a daze. The other two nodded at each other, fist bumped, and prepared themselves, slicking their hair back or just fixing it. ...I had to do something. I silently told myself the straight out truth. It drove me insane.

"Fionna!" I said, cutting into the awkwardness, that I guess only I was aware of.

She raised an eyebrow at me. "Huh?"

"Uh- these are the guys."

Nice cover, Marshall.

I would have face palmed myself right then and there if I was alone.

I glanced back at the guys. Had to deliver what I promised, I guess.

"Uh- that's Xavier- a werewolf."

~*~

Fionna's POV

He worriedly pointed to some guy, who had dark skin and hair just like the girl. "Uh- that's Xavier, a werewolf. Desireé's brother." Then he looked back to the girl, who was apparently Desireé. "And this is her, also a werewolf."

She gave me a small toothy grin, half kind and half saying, "i will kill you in your sleep", and waved. Marshall just continued. "Uh, Coldin, thorn, zayden, brees. Coldin is an ice elemental, thorn is a ghost, zayden is a wizard- and Brees is a shape shifter.."

He awkwardly scratched at the back of his pale neck.

I glanced back at each of his friends, and smiled at them, memorizing every little detail about them.

Coldin. Being an ice elemental, his skin was stained a frosty blue, that went well with his iced white, almost frozen looking hair. It even spiked up a little. He wore a simple white t-shirt, covered halfway by a dark blue sweatshirt, completing the outfit with white jeans.

Thorn didn't have much about him. He had no color, since he was translucent, being a ghost and all. But other than that, his hair hung down lazily past his shoulders and eyes. he looked slightly depressed.

Zayden had dirty blonde hair, something that wasn't too common when it came to immortals. He was a wizard, so he gave off a magical vibe, one that sent chills down my spine- and at the same time, made me slightly skittish. I had a sudden urge to ask him what kind of wizard he was; but slowly pushed that down.His skin was a creamy blue, but didn't look the slightest bit frozen, unlike Coldin's, or the ice queen's. wonder what that wacko was up to, by the way. I hadn't checked up in her in days. Slight guilt built up in my chest.

he wore loose fitting black basketball shorts, and a baggy pink tee.

Pink?

On a guy? - oh wait, gumball did that all the time, I guess I just didn't classify him in my brain as a- you know what, never mind.

Brees. I had to say, I adored that name for some reason. His dark brown hair swooped up like a wave at the tip of his forehead, something I had never seen before, giving him that unique yet- still unexplainably attractive look. He, unlike all the others, possessed a kind spark in his eyes, one that warmed my heart, made me just want to laugh uncontrollably like an idiot or just jump on the guy and squeeze out all the happiness he contained all at once. I easily restrained myself. I was a sucker for happiness, so I couldn't be blamed.

What caught me most off guard is the fact that he had tan, humanly skin. It made my heart race for a millisecond, momentarily tricking myself into thinking that I wasn't the last human, after all. Nope. Marshall had said he was a shapeshifter. ..Marshall.

I snapped out of my creepy stalker-like thoughts, and scanned around to see everyone just continuing with their business, like we were no big deal.

I felt a spark at my fingers, and instantly knew what it was. I looked up. Marshall was holding my hand.

He pulled me over to the last remaining empty log around their "campfire" and sat down next to me, rather closely, still not letting go of my hand. He obviously wanted to make something obvious about us to them.

I looked at his friends, and imagined how judgmental they could be, or how mean. How incapable or scary, how hurtful and unforgiving. I partly regretted agreeing to this.

_____

SORRY. FOR. THE . SHORTNESS. Ahh... I've been busy with school- (which isn't much, just an animation) which isn't done yet, which also inspired me to make a "lyric video" of kevjumba's "nice guys"and a cartoon music video for fiolee for the song "rhythm of love" a few chapters back. When I'm done, ill link them.

Please don't kill me...