9: Sorry fi

~*~

Fionna's POV

I cut at the bears face, grinning at Marshall, who was casually floating a yard or two away. The bear roared out in pain, holding its gigantic paws to its face.

I turned back to look at Marshall, but what I saw... Confused me. He was floating there, like normal, sure, but when I saw of the evil look on his face, and his now red eyes, I knew something was wrong. I was lost, why would that happen?

I gasped In realization. The bear's blood was making his instincts stronger. I couldn't blame him; he was a vampire, he couldn't help it.

I was lost in my deep thoughts; so I wasn't ready for the blow. The bear had swiped at me. Extreme pain came from my lower back and leg, and I was no longer standing on him. If it was even possible, I started to hurt even more when I felt the impact of the ground. Everything was blurry, so I could just barley see the bear run off.

Thank glob.

I laid there, on the grassy floor, in a pool of my own blood. I looked up one last time, and saw Marshall leaning over me, with a more than worried look on his face. That was the last thing I remembered.

~*~

Marshall's POV

I gazed upon my bunny.

She laid peacefully in a hospital bed, her eyes shut tight. Dr. Prince had taken care of her cuts, and she now had large cottony bandages covering them.

I hated seeing her like this. I blamed myself, partly. If I hadn't taken her into the forest in the first place, we wouldn't even be here. I should of protected her.

~*~

Fionna's POV

I woke up groggily, in a warm bed. It was slightly uncomfortable, and the blankets covering me felt slightly like plastic. I forced my eyes to open wider, only to see a blinding white.

After awhile my vision cleared, and I realized that I was in a hospital.

I tried to get out of the bed, but an excruciating pain from my left leg stopped me.

I heard in a lyrical deep voice, "FI! You're awake!"

My head shot up, turning around to see him. "Marshy!" I said, pulling him into a hug. He was cold, but so warm at the same time. I could see the red in his cheeks as I pulled away. He smiled at me, and I smiled at him, lost in each others eyes.

Just then, the door knob to the room slowly turned, and the door opened.

It was Gumball.

Me and Marshall both quickly looked away, surprised looks on our faces and red in our cheeks. Gumball proceeded into the room, not saying a word. He sat down in a chair across from the bed, folding his hands politely together, like he hadn't noticed anything unusual.

Marshall raised an eyebrow at him, and gestured towards me, with a huge cocky grin.

Gumballs eyes widened, and he got out of his seat, smiling. "I'll go notify dr. Prince." He was out the door.

Marshall gave me a strange look. "you're scratched up pretty bad."

"I am?!?" I asked him, searching my body for cuts.

I found two bandages; one on my leg, and one on my back. "Ouch!"

"Calm down bunny." He cooly told me, holding my gaze again.

His eyes were so mysterious, pitch black, and full of evil. but at the same time, they would glow a sweet chocolate brown, that made my knees grow weak.

And that nickname. I honestly loved it. It made me feel like I was special to him.

Then a thought came to mind. "how long have I been out?" I asked him, gently looking into his eyes. He leaned back against the wall, folding his arms. "About four years."

My eyes widen. My heart stops. But wait. "You're kidding, right?" I say, hopefully.

Marshall couldn't keep the smile off his face. He leaned for a few more seconds, smirking. he burst out laughing, floating a foot above the ground, holding his stomach. "Heh! You're so gullible fi! It's only been two hours."

I knew he was lying. "Oh my glob marsh, you're such a jerk!" I told him jokingly, while punching him softly in the arm. He just snickered, and flew .closer to me. Doing this, I could see his hands. I gasped.

It wasn't his hands that made me gasp; it was what was on them.

Dark Dried blood covered both arms, from the tip of his middle fingers to his elbows. What scared me the most was, I was pretty sure the blood was mine.

He noticed the look on my face, and tried to figure out what I was looking at. "Fi what's wrong?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. I nodded my head towards his arms.

He apparently hadn't noticed the blood before that. He looked down at his palms, and a terrified look stuck on his face. "Bloo- blood... Your... Human.. Blood.." He mumbled. His eyes were wide and stained a dark red. His fangs began slipping out of the sides of his mouth, and I became nervous.

He neared me, getting closer and closer, closer to my death. I was a sitting duck, with my leg all messed up like that.

He stared down at his bloody hands. "...Can I see your neck for a sec fio?" He emotionlessly asked. All I could do was mumble his name. "Mar..marshall..?"

He looked up from the blood and into my eyes. "No, No, No, No, No, No NO!" He told himself, shaking his head. He got up in a rush, and ran to the nearest sink. He began to violently wash the blood off his hands, making absolute sure that every last drop was down the drain.

When he was satisfied, he let out a huge sigh that filled my mind with emptiness. He hovered there for awhile, with his hair dripping over his eyes. "Sorry fi.." He said in a deep tone. I could hear the pain in his voice. "I should have protected you.." He admitted. "And look where we are now..."

I sat upright in the bed, shocked by his words. "if you weren't there for me, I wouldn't be here, yeah. I agree. I'd be out in the forest dying." Marshall just kept his mouth shut. He floated closer to me, pulling his chest to mine, intertwining us in a hug. He whispered in my ear ever so softly, " I'm just glad you're not."

As he pulled away, he took slight wind out of me. He was so sweet.

~*~

Marshall's POV

"I'm just glad you're not." I told her, regretting nothing. I inhaled the wonderful aroma of Fionna, letting every second count. I reluctantly pulled away from her with a toothy grin. I loved the feeling of her in my arms. my body felt empty when I released her from the hug. I just... wanted her back.

"Look at yourself, Marshall, you're turning into a lovestruck idiot." I silently told myself. I didn't care.

I noticed the sun had gone down, and it was nearly nine. I sighed.

I pulled the blanket over her and she laid down, peering up at me with those beautiful blue eyes. She was so sweet.

I turned the light in her room off, leaving us in complete darkness. Lastly, I flew close to her, memorizing her every detail, and planted a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"Sweet dreams, bunny."

After that, I sat myself over one of the hospital chairs, and gently fell asleep, thinking of Fionna.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/n) hiya! Okay, so I've decided to update every two days. Sound good?

Also, I probably won't have time to follow this rule for the next 12 days, (I'm taking a vacation to florida) BUT FOR SURE , I will update at least three times (maybe more) while on my trip.

Vote and comment please!<3 <3 I REALLY appreciate it <3