Giriko beat the scythe blade back, and flipped into the air, whirling around, as chainsaw links rotated around his body, grinding into the shaft of Soul's scythe form.

Ichigo shot forward at Hyperspeed, and Tensa Zangetsu's blade cut apart several of the chain links, interrupting the attack.

"Now Maka!!" Ichigo roared.

Soul's scythe blade cut a deep gash through Giriko's chest, causing him to fall back, choking. "DAMN!!"

"NOW HURRY!! LETS GET THAT.. er.. weird.. Spider.. girl... thing!" Ichigo exclaimed.

"Right!" Maka dashed at Arachne, but Arachne just smiled as a massive energy began to explode from her.. pressing down upon Maka..

Maka stopped in her tracks, her hands trembling as she stared at Arachne. "Her soul... she's.. not just a witch.. What is she!?"

"Maka!" Soul exclaimed. "What's wrong!?"

"Soul and Maka.." Arachne whispered. "Ufufufufufu.. oh, Aizen wasn't wrong, you are indeed funny looking.. but oh my.. is that.. Black Blood I sense? Madness.. what a addiction.."

"MAKA GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME!!" Ichigo roared.

"Ichigo's right Maka!! What's holding you up!?" Soul exclaimed.

When Maka didn't respond, Ichigo gritted his teeth furiously. "Damn it!!"

Ichigo prepared to use flash step.. but before he could even move an inch, Arachne was standing right next to him, holding back the tip of Tensa Zangetsu with one finger.

"Mmmm.." said Arachne said, looking at the black blade with interest. "So this is a Bankai? You know.. I created Demon Weapons.. as a means to try and imitate the Soul Reapers.. I thought they would be the perfect tools to defeat Death... but of course.. this back fired on me.. perhaps.. if there was only a way to create a True Zanpakutou.. I would be invincible.. Zangetsu, is that it's name? A good name.."

Arachne pointed a finger directly onto Ichigo's forhead. "Now be a good boy and sleep now.."

Ichigo's eyes rolled back, and his jaw went slack as he fell to the ground unconscious.

"MAKA!! SHE GOT ICHIGO!! YOU HAVE TO SNAP OUT OF IT!!" Soul exclaimed.

Maka shook her head, and gripped Soul's shaft tightly. "Sorry!! Alright Soul, no messing around!! Soul Resonance now!!"

"GOT IT!" Soul's blade glowed bright as Witch Hunter activated.

"WITCH HUNTER!!!" Maka roared, launching herself at Arachne.

Arachne smiled and before the blade could reach her face, she thrust out a hand, and pulled Tensa Zangetsu out of Ichigo's hands.. and using it to block Witch Hunter in a massive shockwave that blasted the sand back.

"Incredible.. the blade.. is so dense.. so hard.. it feels like anything could break hitting against such a blade.." said Arachne.  "Oh.. a True Zanpakutou is so much different from a Demon Weapon.."

Arachne laughed. "Very well.. I shall spare Ichigo Kurosaki for now.. I want to see if my darling sister actually succeeds in her endeavor.. what fun.."

Arachne flicked the stunned Maka away with one finger. "Enough Giriko.. you don't need to keep fighting like that for me.. come.. Mosquito is waiting.."

"I always hated that retarded pointy nosed freak.." Giriko muttered. "Fine.. but I'll kill em later the moment I get a chance!!"

Arachne chuckled. "Oh don't worry, you will get your chance soon enough... Giriko.."