"And don't take that off. . ."

Harry turned towards me, furrowing his brows. His lips were slightly parted and a look of concentration held his expression. "You like me in this?"

"I do, and I want to be the one to take it off of you."

Heat rushed to my cheeks as Harry walked across the floor to me. He backed us up against the wall and suddenly he was all I could think of. His minty breath washed over me, his arms making a cage above my head, and hips pressed flush against my own.

"After dinner then," Harry breathed, pressing a kiss to my lips. He walked back into his front room to take a seat on the couch, leaving me breathless.

Harry flipped his tv on and waited. The taste of his kiss lingered on my lips. I worked in his kitchen and within a half an hour I had taco salad made and ready to serve. Tortilla chips and salsa sat next to it on the table in the dining room.

"It's ready, Harry!" I shouted.

I was a little nervous for this dinner. I knew the food would taste good but the topic of discussion was what scared me. I would have to tell him about what went down with Trent at school earlier today. Harry sat down at the table across from me with his plate and silverware in front of him.

"It looks delicious. You're not going to eat with me?"

"I already had dinner." I said.

"Come on, Jess. I can't eat all this by myself. A little taco salad won't hurt you, if your physique is what you're worried about. Your body is perfect to me."

I smiled at his compliment. "Maybe I'll have just a little bit,"

I grabbed a saucer from one of his cabinets in the kitchen and spooned some taco salad out onto it as I sat back down at the table. Harry smiled and ate the food that I'd made for him, complimenting my kitchen skills.

"I've got to tell you something." I said.

Harry looked up from his plate, his eyes curious, anxious. I explained everything that had gone on from Trent calling me a whore to how the whole cafeteria had heard him say that Harry and I had something going on. Harry's lips flattened into a hard line.

"I really don't like that kid one bit." Harry said. "Listen, he's just trying to scare you so you won't say anything about the drug deal you seen. Everything will be okay but don't tell anyone else about us. No one."

"He said he would prove it, Harry. I'm scared for us, scared for you."

"It's almost October. You said your birthday was March 20th, right?"

I was surprised that he'd remembered my birthday. I had only told him once. "Yeah,"

"Well that means it's a little less than six months until your birthday. We just have to make it until then and we'll be legal. No one can stop us from being together after that. Jess, everything will be alright."

I nodded. It was nice to hear him voice that he wanted to be with me for a long time. My birthday was about a half a year away. I was still afraid he would find our relationship too hard or too risky at some point and leave me. I wouldn't blame him for it but my heart would be broken.