Goodbye.

“Where are you?!!!”

“Calm down, I’m in a bus going to Seoul.”

“You whaaaaat??! What were you thinking Ji Eun?! You made everybody crazy with worry! No one has slept since we found out you disappeared from the  island!”

“I’m sorry…”

“Well you better have a good explanation!  Good thing I thought about calling the house and they told me you’ve gone! How could you do this to me?!For all we knew you had already drown when we saw the boat.”

“But I tied the boat on the bank…”

“Well it drifted to the middle of the lake! Seung Ho was so crazy worrying about you!”

Ji Eun could already hear the hysterics in Jiyeon’s voice. “I’m really sorry… I tried calling you but there was no answer..probably you were busy with Yunho..”

“Don’t turn the tables on me, Lee Ji Eun! Why did you leave?! You could have told Seung Ho you were going home.”

I can’t do that. “well, I can’t find him..I didn’t have paper and pen so I couldn’t write a note. I am so sorry. Please tell every one my apologies. Manager Oppa called and said he made me an appointment for later this afternoon. I told him I am still in vacation but he was persistent. Said it is important. So I’m really sorry Jiyeon.”

She could hear Jiyeon sigh on the other line. She felt guilty to her friend and to those people who welcomed her from that small town. “Ok. I’ll tell everyone. Call me when you reach Seoul.” Then the line was disconnected. She knew Jieyon felt bad and probably is angry at her, but she didn’t have any choice. To stay is to get hurt. But why does leaving hurt more?

to be continued…