He took it all in with awe. "Woah, what is this place?" he asked, stepping onto a path to travel down one of the streets. "It's so . . . technologically advanced. And cool." The tween beamed, seeing what looked like a small portal the size of his hand. He poked a finger in it, wondering what it did, and exclaimed in astonishment when something small touched him on the shoulder. Turning his head to look, he saw his lost digit suspended in the air. Dipper tried to tap himself again, happily seeing it move at his will. That mystery solved, he laughed, retreated his finger from the portal and watched the body part behind him disappear. "Talk about impossibility," he chuckled afterwards, glancing back at Bill. "This is really awesome!"

Bill just shrugged. "It's your mindscape, kid. Anything is possible." He didn't look really impressed, but he thought it was cool. "Most people aren't aware during their dreams, so they never get to visit their mindscapes . . . except if I'm there."

"I'm glad you're here, then," Dipper said with joyful appreciation. My mindscape is amazing. If anything is possible . . . there's just so much that can be done. Continuing down the path, the boy marveled at the sights, thinking up spectacular uses for each of them. No part of the town was the same, every contraption different. Even knowing it was all a fantasy, he found it mind-blowing. "So, what do you like to do for fun, Bill?" Dipper started, genuinely interested.

"I thought I told you already . . . Hmm . . ." Bill then shrugged as he wasn't sure if he had already said it. "Anyway, I like to make deals, manipulate humans, oh and don't forget giving nightmares to people all over the world!"

"Yeah, well, you did, sort of," he chuckled awkwardly, looking up at the dream demon. "I mean . . . other things. Like, ones that I could probably partake in with you. That aren't terrifying or masochistic."

"Hmm. . . Not sure. I like magic though, but I'm still a demon, kid. I don't like boring human activities . . ." Bill said and shrugged. "Magic, nightmares, dreams, reading minds . . . yeah, that's about it. Killing people too when I can. Pain is awesome . . . those are all demon things though." He tried to think of something else, but nothing came up.

Oh . . . Dipper bit back his disappointment, turning his eyes from the triangle to rest on the shiny surface beneath him. Everything seemed a shade less vibrant all of a sudden. Is practicing spells the only thing we can do together and have fun? Is he really that opposite from me that he can't enjoy what I do? The boy felt his earlier misery threaten to return. "Bill . . ." he began, wanting to ask but completely afraid to. "Why do you spend time with me?"

"Well . . . um . . . I dunno really. I don't like going to far away from Gravity Falls and besides the author, you are the smartest and most interesting person around here. I guess you're someone to talk to and have fun with, ya know, making deals . . ." Bill floated down, his feet touching the ground as his cane appeared. "I suppose you are right . . . I am lonely." The last part came out soft and quiet, almost a whisper. It was true, everyone hated him, though he supposed it didn't matter. I don't care! I don't care that people hate me! I hate them back! I don't care . . . That was a lie and Bill knew it.

Dipper heard it, though, but only barely. Bill Cipher's . . . lonely? The confirming realization made his heart hurt, strangely. It was in a similar way he'd felt for Pacifica back at the mansion, except this time it was . . . more, somehow. He didn't like it, the intense sympathy conflicting with his other feelings. But it was also refreshing, in a way. "You don't have to be . . ." Dipper breathed out, sounding much too sincere and concerned. As if instinctively, the boy stepped closer, opening his arms wide in welcome, wondering distantly if Bill would receive the embrace. "You're not a bad guy and I've seen that you're trustworthy. And . . . maybe we could be friends. You don't have them, I know . . . Though you could still try, right?" He still held his arms out, wanting to make the dream demon feel better. "Bill, despite our differences and our damaged past, I like you. Won't you give friendship a shot?"