2. Red Lips and Rosy Cheeks

Start from the beginning

"Oh, hey Cass. Sorry I was just in the middle of a game with Robbie and the phone ringing made me die." I lied. I turned to look at Emily and she was walking out of the room with her cup of coffee and I immediately regretted answering the phone.

Emily's POV

"Yeah just head to the apartment. I don't know what time we will be back."

I listened to his conversation with his wife. I couldn't understand why we were acting this way with each other. This had been the third time we shared an almost kiss and each time we were interrupted, the old Emily, the one before Stephen, would have taken that as a sign, but this Emily, didn't want to I so badly wanted for each kiss to happen.

"We are at David's house. Yes Emily is here. Talk to you later. Yeah you too, bye."

He hung up the phone and walked over to me. "I'm sorry about that. It's just-"

I stopped him. "You don't have to explain yourself I get it."

I sat down on the other couch and he sat next to me. I opened up my Twitter and went to the Stemily tag.

"I've been wanting to show you something, but I wasn't exactly sure how you would take it." I muttered.

He leaned in closer. "What is it?"

I showed him a bunch of the Stemily tweets and he stayed quiet.

"Well?"  I asked nervously.

"People see us as a couple?"

I nodded.

"Wow." He grabbed my phone from me and started scrolling through the pictures. "Do we really act like this?"

I smiled. "I guess we do. I never realized it either until Colton showed me all of this."

"Colton?" He asked skeptically.

"Yeah apparently there is a whole Stemily fandom and he happens to be a part of it with Robbie and Italia."

"You're kidding."

"Not at all." I laughed.

He smiled suspiciously.

"What?"

"Did anyone post that picture from dinner tonight?"

I shook my head. "Nope. We thought you would have, it is on your phone."

He bit his lip and raised his eyebrows, smirking slightly.

"Stephen what are you doing?" I asked.

"I just want to see what happens to the fandom when they see a new Stemily picture."

I smiled. "You are just mean."

I didn't want to ruin the moment, but I had to ask. "What about Cassandra?"

He sighed. "She'll probably ask me to post a picture with her later, but oh well."

We kind of started to have an unspoken rule about how we were together. We didn't mention the almost kisses. We didn't talk about our feelings, but we didn't hide them either. I didn't know where things were going to end up after tonight, but I didn't care I just wanted to enjoy the rest of time with him before we had to go back to reality.

He posted the picture and waited a couple minutes before checking the tag again.

Stephen then began to laugh hysterically, making Robbie stir. "What?" I asked.

"They sure cut Robbie and David out quick." He said barely controlling his laughter.

I smiled and shook my head, reading some of the tweets aloud. "Stemily Fandom Red Alert! This is not a drill!"

"Fandom down. I repeat fandom down."

"I knew Robbie shipped them!"

"I can dig it." I completely lost it at that one.

We sat on the couch for a while scrolling through all of the pictures until he came across a video.

"Should we watch it?" He asked. I nodded and he played it.

30 seconds in he paused it. It was a paparazzi video we were walking out of a building and Stephen turned around to look at me, I was walking a little ways behind him.

"I remember that." He said. "I thought you were right next to me and when you weren't I got nervous because all of the people walking around."

I smiled. "Why nervous?"

He shrugged. "I don't really know. I just wanted you near me."

He played it without saying anything else. Then I started laughing. "They cropped out poor little Colton."

He smiled and the slideshow kept playing. "We take a lot of pictures together." I said.

"Not enough according to our little fan base."

"You know there is an Emton fandom too."

He furrowed his eyebrows. "I prefer Stemily."

I nodded. "Yeah me too." We continued to watch the video and ended up lying on the couch together. Things weren't awkward at all between us, but I felt as if tomorrow they would be, because soon he would be going back to his wife and I would just be his co-star nothing more.

I sat up abruptly at the thought. "Emily? Everything okay?" He asked concerned.

"What are we doing here, Stephen? Honestly."

"I thought we were just hanging out together." He answered.

"Friends don't hang out like this, not ones that are married at least. You should go to Cassandra, she's probably worried about you."

"Emily." He tried to pull me towards him, but I shrugged him off and stood up walking towards the door.

"You should really go. I'll call Italia to come get Robbie."

"Emily. Don't do this." He pleaded.

"Please go, Stephen." It's for the best I kept telling myself, before things went any further, before we got caught up in the moment. I wouldn't be a cheater.

I locked the door behind him and fell to the ground in tears. Completely forgetting the fact that his cousin was still asleep on my couch. Soon I felt an arm go around me.

"I know it's hard, Em. I'm really sorry, but if it's any consolation, I'm rooting for you." Robbie spoke sincerely and I thanked him for it, but I didn't want to win, if that was even the right word, Stephen had a child to think about and I didn't want to ruin his family.

"I know what you're thinking." He said.

"And what is that?"

"You don't want to ruin Mavi's life by splitting up her parents, but honestly Emily that little girl loves you already and she's better off with Cassandra and Stephen not together, if they don't love each other. He fell for you the minute he met you, I know it, he knows it, and I think Cass knows it too. No one wants to admit it. Just let things play out. I'm sure it will all be okay."

I nodded and leaned my head on his shoulder. "You know you are a lot more comfy than Stephen. He's just all muscle."

He huffed. "Thanks a lot Em, cuz that's what every guy wants to hear."