2. Red Lips and Rosy Cheeks

Start from the beginning

"Oh. She's in LA?" Emily asked.

I gave Robbie a stern look, warning him to watch his next words carefully. I knew that Cassandra had flown into Vancouver this morning, but I was avoiding Emily finding out at all costs because I wanted to spend time with her as long as I could.

Just then David appeared. "Sorry I'm late. I got stuck listening to one of Barrowman's ridiculous outfit stories." He laughed.

I sighed in relief because now Robbie wouldn't have to answer the question that is until David spoke.

"No Italia tonight, Robbie?" He asked. I bit the inside of my mouth to avoid cursing out loud at David.

Emily answered for Robbie. "She's here in Vancouver with Cassandra."

I turned, confused to Emily. "How do you know they're here?"

She showed me her phone and Italia had tweeted a picture of herself at a shop in Vancouver. One that I had visited with Emily and Katie.

"So anyway how is Nocking Point coming along?" Robbie asked me, changing the subject thankfully.

"It's good. Me and Drew are going to ship out another order soon, we're working on the comic book concept still, so we'll see how that goes."

I could tell that Emily was uncomfortable now, so when I saw the waiter coming towards us I decided to ask him to take a picture of all of us, I wanted Emily to know that I wasn't afraid of being seen with her.

"Hey man, do you mind getting a picture of all of us?" I asked. He nodded and I handed him my phone. My arm automatically went around Emily and she smiled, genuinely this time.

After dinner we headed back to her apartment, Robbie joined us, but David had to head home to his family.

Robbie ended up throwing himself on her couch and falling asleep.

"I swear he has no shame. He'll take over anyone's house."

She laughed and set her purse down on the counter. I took her coat and hung it up by the door. I looked around and this place felt like home after only being here a minute. I could get used to this I thought.

"Do you want something to drink?" She asked.

I nodded and followed her into the kitchen. There was a little Robin figurine sitting on her counter and I picked it up.

"Oh so you like him more than Green Arrow?" I questioned, offended.

She smiled. "Technically you aren't the Green Arrow yet and Robin is happier than the brooding Oliver Queen."

I rolled my eyes and set him back down, while she made us some coffee.

"Sorry if you are trying to get some sleep tonight that's not going to happen." She groaned to herself. "I meant because of the coffee not because we are going to--- ugh sometimes I really think I am Felicity."

I couldn't control my laughter and she smacked my arm.

"You're cute." I spoke honestly for the first time in a long time with her.

She blushed and I smiled. I gently touched her cheek and she fell into it, it reminded me of the scene we shared on Arrow when Felicity was shot, but this time it was the real us and she wasn't pretending to be high on pain killers.

I took the opportunity and leaned in to kiss her. Just then my phone started to ring.

She jerked away and I groaned in frustration. "You have got to be kidding me! Hello?!" I answered angrily without checking who it was.