10

More Death Eater attacks rounded out the last couple of weeks of term. More injuries, more deaths, and Harry hated the fact that he wasn't out there doing more.

That thought only lasted until Ginny got a hold of him and dragged him into his private bedroom with barely a glance at their confused friends in the common room.

Harry James Potter you stop that line of thought this instant or so help me, you'll be sleeping alone for a month.

Harry almost chuckled, but managed to contain himself. I'm sorry, Gin. I just feel like I should be fighting.

We are fighting, Ginny reminded him. Find the horcruxes, destroy them, and then destroy Voldemort. We're doing all we can.

Harry sighed, but knew that Ginny was right.

Damn straight, Potter, Ginny retorted, a smirk on her face.

Harry smiled. You're always right, Potter, he replied.

Ginny felt a shiver run down her spine. Ginny Potter, she mused, throwing her arms around his neck. I could get used to that.

I sincerely hope so, Harry said, leaning down to kiss her.

XXX

With just a week left until the Christmas holidays, Harry and the other seventh years were counting the days. It was like fifth year all over again, only worse. There wasn't much time for them to get away from the onslaught of homework to research horcruxes, but they managed to do so the weekend before they were to head home for the holidays.

"I know we've put all our effort into finding the Gaunt Shack," Hermione commented, "but I feel we should also consider the other possible locations. Harry, you suggested Hogwarts. Is there any way to find out if he hid something here?"

Harry bit his lip and shrugged. "I'm not sure," he admitted. "It wouldn't be somewhere anyone could stumble across it, but the castle is a big place."

"Could your status as heir of Gryffindor help you?" Ron asked curiously.

Harry sighed. "I don't know. I can try, but no guarantees. We'll just have to do the best we can."

No one looked too happy with that assessment, but agreed, and spent the remaining time until lunch doing homework.

Harry considered the possibility of returning to the Heart of Hogwarts, to see if he could get answers that way, but didn't share the idea with anyone. Ginny heard it in his mind, and thought that they should try before the term ended.

After lunch, the couples all separated, wanting to spend some time alone. Daphne headed down to the Slytherin common room to find her sister, while the others wandered off.

Ron and Hermione found themselves in the clock tower, looking out over the grounds as they talked. It was moments like these that Hermione felt completely at ease. Without the pressures of the war, or the horcruxes, she could just spend time with her boyfriend, admiring the view, and being teenagers.

"It's so peaceful," Hermione commented, looking out at the distant snow-covered Pitch. There were a few students out on the grounds, mostly younger years having a snowball fight, but for the most part, everyone had taken refuge in the castle, avoiding the bitter cold of the December air.

Ron gave a hum of agreement, throwing an arm across Hermione's shoulders.

Hermione glanced down at the arm, and then snuggled into Ron's side. "I could get used to this," she said softly, smiling in content.