The moment's before the war.

*Crimson's Dream*

I was sat in my room at my father's. I wasn't with my mother because she was away on buisness. Though it didn't matter because my father was away at war. Oh, of course. That's why I was here! I read a poem from the Mortal World. It was called night and quite entrancing. I closed my book full of poem's as there was a knock on the room door. "Come in!" I called. My father appeared in my doorway. That wasn't a good sign. He never came and saw me. "Crimson, I'm so so sorry!" He exclaimed coming into the room. "Why? What do you want!" I spat. I despised my father for his actions of starting wars just for land. Plus he knew he could win because of me. "Crimson! Do NOT talk to me like that!" He shouted before sitting on the edge of my bed. "Your half-brother Hallow, he died today. In war. He was fighting with a couple of wolves and he was attacked from behind. They ripped his throat out." It was right after his first sentence that my eyes started to burn. "Get out...." I growled at my father. 'Why!? I didn't kill him." My father said ignoring my warning. Oh what a mistake that was. I stood up on my bed towering over him. "YOU COULD HAVE HELPED HIM! IF YOU WERE A REAL FATHER YOU WOULD'VE GIVEN YOUR LIFE FOR HIM! WERE WOLVES FOR HELL'S SAKE! WE HEAL FASTER! I COULD HEAL YOU! BUT I CAN'T CONTROL POWERS ENOUGH TO BRING PEOPLE BACK TO LIFE YET! ILL KILL YOU ONE DAY FATHER! ILL KILL YOU FOR THIS!" I screamed at him with everything I had. I released my powers. Wind started whirling around the room and some flowers in a vase on my night stand caught on fire. Water came bursting in through the windows while breaking them. I stormed out leaving my father to deal with it all. I ran out into the woods and shifted and ran. I ran until I was at my mother's.

*Reality. Crimson's P.O.V.*

I woke up suddenly sitting up and panting. I hadn't seen my father since that day. I had heard from him, yes. But I wouldn't reply with anything except threat's. I looked to my side and saw Cole curled up in a ball. I smiled. Who woulda thought. I walked across the room and downstair's. "Hey." Hallow said from the kitchen as I walked in. He was eating a steak- rare. I went to the fride and got out some bacon and eggs. "Ya ever tried a normal breakfast?" I asked. "You can eat human food now ya know. You have hands with five fingers." I said while I cracked and egg into the pan and watching it sizzle. Then I added bacon to another. He laughed when bacon grease hit me on the hand making me jump at the heat. "I don't exactly know how to cook. Plus I'm used to this." he said gesturing towards his steak. I sighed. I knew I needed to ask him an important question. "Hallow... Are you going home to father?" I asked blinking my eyes as tears threatened to form. I knew father would treat him horribly. "No War, I'm not. Though I won't bother you by staying here." He said. I spun around gaping at him "HALLOW!" I scolded. "Don't you EVER think like that. Though I'm glad you aren't going with father. He's a horid man." 

"Crimson, What about you n him." He said said while looking at the stairs while saying him in disgust. "Hallow, honestly. It's fine. This is your new home." I smiled. "Thanks sis." he smiled back "I heard you crying last night. Don't think of yourself like that. Queen Aurora has made you feel heartless. I know you hate her. I agree she is a horrible mother. I can agree about King Derek to. But don't believe them. Have you talked to them about how they act?" I imagined my mother with her light brown hair going to her shoulder's and her black eyes and pale skin. The fake seeming queen's smile she had while she sat on her thrown by my father with black hair and tan skin with green eyes. I looked at Hallow. He looked like his mother with her strawberry blond hair going to her mid back and grey eyes. She was an amazing women and Hallow was lucky to have had her until she was executed for being accused of trying to kill our father. Though the truth, I knew. I told the judges coucil, but they wouldn't listen to a mere 13 year old. It was a vampire that could desguise themselves by changing into others. I sighed "No, Hallow, I haven't. Maybe in time, I might. Maybe." He smiled. I turned back and put my egg onto some break with mayo and my bacon. Breakfast sandwhich. Then I made one for Cole and ate mine. He came down the stairs grumpily wiping his eyes. Me and Hallow laughed and said in unison "Look who's not a morning person!" We cracked up and I hugged Hallow. We had always said that to Scarlett when we were little. It had been a morning routine, basically. Cole plopped himself into a bar stool at the island in the kitchen. I handed him his sandwhich and a glass or orange juice. "Whatever." he said finally replying to me n Hall's. Me and Hallow looked at eachother and burst out laughing "Took him long enough." hallow said while holding his stomach. "Stop making fun of me...." Cole whined like a baby. "Stop making fun of me..." I mock whined back. He scowled at me and Hallow and ate his sandwhich while me n Hall's talked about what had happened while he'd been away. Though I had the nagging feeling that something was wrong. I didn't know why, but there was. It started in the put of my stomach but soon enough it had my whole body on edge, ready to react to an attack. "You okay?" Hall and Cole asked me at the same time. I sighed. "Something feels wrong. Really wrong..." I said Cole tensed up but I didn't question it. He was actin weird today... I shrugged it off, still trying to forget my nerves about something being up... I went to the second floor and flipped on the tv while sitting on the couch. I turned it to the news. Hm. That was weird. The reporter said that electronics would be no more and that the world would be returning to candles and horses. I smiled. I hated electronics. More like despised. See, I was born 216 years ago when there wasn't any electronics. I had returned home 16 years ago so I'd had to deal with the 'family'. I sighed. Before I'd come back here I hadn't cried since I was 4! So 212 years of tearlessness. I hopped off the couch and ran downstairs. I heard muffled voices but I didn't wanna butt in. I walked in just as hallow was yelling the last word of his sentence 'mate' at Cole. What was going on. "GUYS!" I yelled. They spun around. "What?" they questioned. "Electricity is goin BYE BYE!" I said excitedly. Hallow's face lit up. I looked at Cole. "How OLD are you?" He asked me "Why?" I said... "Well, most people don't get excited by no electricity."  I laughed "I'm 216 and yes, I know your 300." I smirked when he stood open mouthed at me. He didn't think I knew. hehe. Hallow was smirking at Cole to. I pretended to swoon. "My heavens. My dear brother," I addresed Hallow "I do believe I'm dating an old man!" I pretend fainted onto the floor in a heap as Cole stood arms croosed looking harshly at me. Who shoved a rod up his butt this morning? I thought. He rolled his eyes at me and Hallow both laughing at my pretend fainting act. "Shit Cole. What the Hell's your problem today!" I said sternly making sure he knew he'd pissed me off. "Nothing." He grumbled before leaping out the door as a wolf. I walked up into the bedroom and sat on the bed. I looked around and noticed an envelope stuffed under Cole's pillow. It read 'Cole Fire' on the front in bold black letter's. I tucked it back in and spent the rest of the day with Hallow since Cole never returned. When I truged upstairs into the bedroom, leaving Hallow to sleep on the couch, Cole still wasn't back. I shrugged. I was pissed off at him. I didn't wanna deal with his attitude. But something still felt wrong. Very wrong. Something bad was coming. and I knew it...