Ch3 Kakashi's Suspicion

"Hokage-sama! What's the meaning of this!" Mizuki cried, an expression of fear and panic climbing onto his face as he saw Chakra-Suppressing Seals being slapped onto him. He was on his way home when he was ambushed by dozens of ANBU and jounins. Before he could react, he has been paralyzed, tied, and shunshin-ed to the Hokage's office.

"Mizuki, you're under charges for attempting to use Uzumaki Naruto to steal the Forbidden Scroll. Aside from that, you're sentenced to death no matter the results of the charges because you've revealed Naruto's jinchuuriki status to him." Sarutobi said. Ignoring Mizuki's cry of protests, he ushered the ANBUs to take him to the T&I department.

"Inoichi, can you help take a look into his mind?"

"Of course, Hokage-sama." Inoichi shunshin-ed away, leaving a room full of perplexed ninjas.

"Hokage-sama, did Mizuki really tell Naruto to steal the Forbidden Scroll?" A chunin baring a scar across his nose stood out.

Iruka.

One of the few people who actually cared for Naruto.

Sarutobi sighed. "Yes. Moments before Mizuki was brought in, Naruto had just left my office. Apparently, Mizuki told Naruto to steal the scroll and wait for him at a certain area, but he never showed up. So after digging through the scroll for a while, Naruto finally realized that something's not right, so he came to return the scroll."

Most people sweat-dropped at the emphasis. How slow is the boy?

"Wait! What do you mean by 'digging through' the scroll?" Iruka pointed out.

Sarutobi smiled. "It seemed that Naruto had managed to learn some jutsus before he came across some 'really nasty ones.'"

"W-what jutsus did he learn?" All the ninjas were listening attentively. After all, they're curious of what the deadlast managed to learn from the Forbidden Scroll.

"Well, we'll leave that to Kakashi to find out."

All eyes were directed to a masked jounin with his headband covering his left eye.

Kakashi, however, was suspicious.

"Hokage-sama, are you sure that Naruto...is telling truth?"

Immediately a heated glare was directed to him.

"I trust Naruto, Kakashi. I trust him with my life. The raw emotions he'd shown to me could not be an act. It's the first time I've seen him break down." Sarutobi closed his eyes, remembering Naruto's tears-stained face and cerulean eyes that were swimming with emotions.

"I trust Uzumaki Naruto with my life," he repeated.

Kakashi retorted, "I'm not saying that Naruto was lying, Hokage-sama, but don't you find it strange that Mizuki left Naruto in the clearing all by himself? If he's planning to take the scroll for himself, then why didn't he show up? When we found him, he was calmly walking back home with a plate of dango in his hand. It just seemed to me that something isn't right."

"Everything will be revealed tomorrow after T&I department is done interrogating Mizuki." Sarutobi waved his hand in dismissal. "Please return home and get a good night rest. Everyone's dismissed." Everyone shunshin-Ed away except his personal ANBUs. "Fox, Snake, I want you to watch over Naruto. Make sure he doesn't do anything stupid after tonight's revelation."

"Yes sir!"

"And because Jiji saw my vulnerable side, he decided to tell me the whole truth. So now if I, we, accidentally spilled some beans, the result wouldn't be that dire, since now we have a reason to know these information." Naruto concluded. Currently, he's back in the Uchiha Compound, talking excessively while Sasuke was busy typing incomprehensible codes into the modified computer.

"Good work. But what about Mizuki? He's actually 'innocent' this time, so what would you do when they found out the truth? That everything you've said was a lie?"

"Com'on Sasuke, did you forget who we are?" Naruto looked devastated.

"I'm not senile yet, unlike you. I know I'm Sasuke."

"And I know that I'm Menma," Naruto joked. "What I mean is did you forget that we're 'loopers'? We are immortal! We are powerful! We are godlike beings! We can go to alternate universes and learn their techniques! Something no one else can do, except you and I! You think I can't take care of a simple little thing like a memory problem?"

"Then how're you gonna do it?" Sasuke quickly cut off Naruto's rant before it gets too long.

"I'm not telling yeah, since you called me 'senile.'"

"Hmph. I'll find out sooner or later anyway."

"Bleh, We'll see."