"Oh well, sure. Go on. Get ready for the nights with Jackie. I will call Dad myself and tell him for you." She jumped up and gave him a hug.

"Thank you." she felt so happy she nearly tripped on her feet as she ran to her room. That was really nice of her brother even though she had been so mean toward him. She really had to find some way to apologize and thank him at the same time. Maybe she would buy him a new guitar with her allowance money. He would love that. Renée picked through her closet trying to find something that would be just appropriate enough to go on a lunch date with. She didn't want to overdress or under dress, but not knowing where exactly they would be going had her struggling to find something just right. She finally settled on some designer jeans and a blue shirt. She would just have to settle for nice casual. She packed the rest of her clothes, toothbrush, hairbrush, and other essentials. She almost forgot to call Jackie when she headed out the door. She knew that it would be more than fine for her to stay, but she liked to give a heads-up anyway.

"What's up, chickadee?" Jackie answered.

"I am not going to Dad's this weekend, and in order to do that, I have to stay at your house tonight and tomorrow night. Are you up for it?"

"Of course, but tomorrow night, I will be absent from my house for a little while. Is that all right with you?"

"Sure, but where are you going?"

"I have a date with Castiel. We are going to the movies."

"Really, well, that is spectacular. I have a date with Gage that afternoon, but I will tell you all about it when I get there. I am walking out my door right now."

"I can't wait. Hurry up, okay?" Renée ran out of the door, nearly dropping her keys in the rush. By the time she got to Jackie's door, she bent over heaving from the run.

Jackie was already standing outside waiting for her. "I didn't mean for you to run like hell, just to not take your time." Jackie laughed so hard she could hardly get the sentence out.

"Sorry, I am really excited. Please tell me that Castiel gave you his phone number. I never got one from Gage and did not want to have to explain how I got it from the school records."

"Well, of course I did. Why do you need it?"

"Gage thinks he is going to be picking me up at my house. I need to tell him where you live and that I will be here instead. He will be picking me up at 11:00 a.m."

"What kind of date begins at 11:00 a.m.?"

"The kind where he brings me to lunch and the rest is secret."

"Mmmm, I think I like the sound of that. Hold on a second, I will find the number." She ran to find the phone number on a piece of paper in her backpack. She hadn't had a chance to program it into her cell phone. When she returned, Renée walked to her room to put things down. "Here you are. It is his cell phone so Gage probably will not answer. Would you like me to call?"

"I am not sure. If I do call, do you think that he will know who I am?"

"Oh yes, he knows who you are. Gage talked about you a lot. He said it was funny because he never does that. You must have made quite an impression."

"I did not really do anything at all. I just left him alone. Please call for me, though. If you can get Gage on the phone for me, I will talk to him, but I think I will be fine not talking to Castiel right now." She really did not want to tell her friend that she felt wrong about Castiel. Jackie picked up her cell and called him while walking out of the room for a moment. With Jackie momentarily gone, Renée took the moment to put her stuff in the bathroom and get the guest bed ready for later.

Incarnateजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें