Chapter 30

Rides back home have become a consistent silence now. It's become very awkward since we kissed, but I'm glad he's not talking to me because I have enough going on internally. I'm not even sure what or who I want anymore. Gilinsky was good at that; making sure I had feelings for him no matter what. I want him, but I feel like I am committed to Nate. But what use is it committing to him when you won't ever see him again? These intrusive thoughts ran through my mind all day, and continued through the night. I sat there, in the darkness, knowing that if I made the choice to get into Gilinskys bed, I could sleep tonight.
My thoughts git the best of my and i found myself slowly lifting myself off of the bed trying not to wake him. As usual, my efforts were useless. He sat up in bed and rubbed his eyes.
"Can't sleep?" He groaned. I sat back in my bed.
"No" I said, rubbing the back of my neck. I wish I could abort mission and stay in my bed.
"Well come on then" he said, patting the empty space next to him. I got up and layed next to him, curling up in the blanket. He turned on his side and wrapped one arm under me and the other over me, so i turned to my side and slept skin to skin with him. Did I want him more? I wasn't sure how I was feeling towards him. I turned so that my face was inches from his. I stared at his eyes until they fluttered open.
"Are you gonna sleep or stare at me all night?" He asked with a smirk on his face. He shut his eyes and I placed a small kiss on his lips.
"Goodnight" I said softly. I remained face to face with him until my eyes fluttered shut.
***
"Its show time" Sammy said, entering the room. He had two guns in his hands and he tossed one to Nate.
"What?" I said, trying to make sense of what was going on.
"We have to go" Sammy said. Briley confidently got up and followed them. I, however, was still lost. I followed Briley anyways, and we found ourselves walking down a long hallway; Nate in the front, and Sammy in the back.
"What's going on?" I ask a second time.
"The police are here, so heres the plan. Me and Nate are going to stay back and fight off the police the best we can. As soon as you hear the first gunshot, you run for your lives okay?" I understood, and looked at Briley. She nodded to me and we waited in silence. Sirens surrounded us and filled our ears with a loud peirce. My breathing got quicker and I got anxious in anticipation. The sound of footsteps overwhelmed me and I was holding my breath in excitement. Suddenly the guns exploded and that was our cue.
"GO GO GO!" Sammy yelled.
"Katie! Come on!" Nate yelled.
***
"Katie come on!!!" A voice whispered, shaking me from my sleep.
I rubbed my eyes and saw Nate before me. Was this real? I couldn't make sense of it. I sat in bed for minutes before coming to my senses.
"Katie!" He whispered loudly. "We have to go!" His gruff voice brought pleasure to my ears. I grabbed all my clothes and shoes, before scanning the room for anything else. Once I had everything I could carry, i tiptoed to a still sleeping Gilinsky. Heavy sleeper I thought to myself. My heart was pounding so loudly I couldn't believe he didn't wake up from that alone. I kissed him softly on the cheek and headed out the door.
"What was that about?" Nate asks as we swiftly make our way out of the front door.
"I'll explain later. Lets worry about getting out of here" I say, heading to the car I figured was Nates. As I got closer I saw a familiar blue.
Briley.
////
YAY Nates back!!! Comment here how you think Katie is going to react to Briley after they ditched her and Nate back in Washington.
Comment here how you think the story will end.
Comment here your favorite part of the book so far.
Lastly, comment here whether you ship Kate or Kilinsky♡♡♡
Thanks for reading and be zure to vote! Love you all so much! Xx