Chapter 37: The Oni

Start from the beginning

"Didn't know you were back." I say.

"Go home." He says.

"What's on your neck?" I ask, looking at the back of his ear. I go over and gently touch it. He grabs my wrist and I punch him on reflex. "I'll go now." I growl and turn to leave a very confused Derek Hale.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Scott!! Open up! I'm alone!" I knock furiously on the door. I hear footsteps and Scott opens the door and I walk in. "So I was thinking and they were looking at you, right? And everyone who they 'attacked' got a mark on their neck. So you and Kira are left..." I start to pace.

"Izzy, what's wrong?"

I show him behind my ear, "They haven't attacked me yet." His eyes widen in understanding.

"So after they get to me and Kira, they will go after-"

"Me." I say, sighing. I then feel a lot of stress taken off of my shoulders. I then get a text. I look at my phone and see Klaus texted me.

>It's done, we are unlinked.

I then hear someone walking down the stairs. I look up and see Kira. I run up to her and hug her. "When did I deserve this?" She asks.

"Well, I just needed a hug." I say, squeezing her tightly. She then explains that she thinks she is a kitsune, a fox. 

I hear a vehicle drive up and look to see Agent McCall. "What are you doing here? Why do you still have a key?" Scott asks, clearly pissed off.

"Funny, because while I have a key to the house, I don't remember you having a key to my office." He says opening his computer to reveal a picture of Scott and Kira. They become silent. "Let me help you. This usually starts with an 'I can explain' or something like that."

"You need to leave." Scott says.

"I will not until I get a satisfactory answer."

"Go get a warrant."

"I don't need one, I'm your father!"

"No, you're a gene donor. I got my hair color from you, that's all. So you are not allowed to play tough dad with me." Scott says, as his mother walks in.

"Hey, what is going on?" She asks.

"Maybe one of you should explain." The agent says.

Both Kira and I turn to the window to see the light gone. "Scott..." I hear Kira say, frightened.

"Who the hell is this?" Agent McCall asks, looking behind Scott.

We turn around to see one of the figures. "Dad, no!" Scott says, as his father moves towards it. Another one of the figures sticks it's sword into his chest from behind as Kira screams. We all run to the fallen McCall. Melissa drags his body away as the door opens to reveal Derek Hale, in his werewolf form. Both boys start to fight the figures. I stand around Kira protectively. I hear a breath and we both turn to see a figure. The window then breaks, revealing the twins. I grab Kira and take her behind the counter as the twins start to fight as well.

Soon everyone gets their figure out of the house as Melissa completes the mountain ash line, blocking the things out. Kira walks over and lifts her hand up. She then gets pushed back by the mountain ash barrier, and moves back to me. Scott and Derek are talking about how Derek has been following him. Scott then follows his mom to his room as I check to make sure Kira is ok.

Aidan then walks over to Kira. "It's Kira, right?" He asks. She nods, "So are you going to tell us what you are?"

"What? What do you mean?" She asks confused. He grabs her hand and puts it against the mountain ash barrier, only to get pushed off.