Chapter 7

Clary POV

I wake up in the infirmary of the Institute. What am I doing here? I sit up only to groan of an excruciating pain in my head. I rub my temple as I swing my legs over the edge of the bed. I hear footsteps walking towards me and look up to see dark hair and eyes. "Wanna tell me what the fuck happened to me?"

"You blacked out from a panic attack. Why you had it is still unknown to me," Isabelle states as she hands me some Advil and an ice pack. "You just get on mumbling how you couldn't do something and that you were going to die."

I quickly swallow the small pills as the memories come rushing back. Jon meeting me in the club, me feeling like the walls were closing in, collapsing in the alley. "I-I don't know why I had it. I can't remember anything after I killed a few demons," I lie looking at Isabelle. My head throbs again and I add, "I get Iratzes are tricky with head injuries but can we please take the risk."

Isabelle laughs slightly. "We were going to, but my mom sided against it." She sits next to me on the bed and looks over at me. "Ya know, you having that panic attack made me realize you actually are sixteen year old girl and not just some ultimate warrior Valentine created."

"Who told you I was sixteen?" I ask already knowing the answer.

"Jace. He thought we should know," Isabelle explains, validating my suspicions.

"I'm gonna kill him," I mumble. "Look, I didn't think it would matter to any of you that my birthday was two days ago," I state fumbling with the sleeve of the long sleeved shirt that I hope Isabelle or Maryse was the one to put on me.

"It was actually almost a week ago." I look at her in confusion. "You were asleep for four days."

"Four days?" I ask with my eyebrows raised.

"Yeah. And because you've been asleep for so long, your first session with the Silent Brothers is in about an hour," Isabelle explains looking a little guilty.

I groan and put my head in my hands. "You've got to be kidding me," I groan.
"To be perfectly honest with you, Clary, they wanted to go in while you were asleep but couldn't. It was like your brain completely shut down."

"Thank the Angel. Going through my mind while I'm completely unaware is so a violation of human rights."

She laughs a little. "Yeah. I was thinking that too." Isabelle sits cross legged on the bed across from me. "You know, we should do something after you finish to get your mind off of it."

I can't help but laugh a little. "Did you do that mind pun on purpose?"

A smile slowly spreads on her face. "Maybe a little."

I throw my head back in laughter. "That was soooo cheesy!" Just then my stomach rumbles, so I ask, "Hey, you guys for any good around. I think my stomach just processed the fact that I haven't eaten in four days."

"Yeah. Mom just restocked the fridge and the boys are out on patrol so they haven't cleaned it out yet." She pushes herself off the bed and we walk to the kitchen, deep in conversation. "So for your ninth birthday your dad gave you a raven?"

"Yeah! He told me if I could train it, then I could keep it," I explain laughing slightly.

"And did you?" Izzy asks as we walk into the kitchen.

"Yeah. It took over six weeks and a lot of bandages, but I did it," I say lightly. "So I got to keep it and when I was older I trained it to go hunting with me." I open the fridge and look inside before grabbing a tub of both yogurt and fruit. "I actually kinda miss it."

"Why? What happened to it?" Isabelle asks looking into the fridge to find something for herself to eat.

"Nothing major. She died while we were hunting one day. Took too sharp of a turn to get out of the reach of a demon. Crashed into a tree. She broke her neck and that was that." I look down at my food and smile sadly. "She was a good hunting partner. Loyal and obidient." I decide to get off this slightly depressing topic. "What about you? Have you ever had any pets?"

She scoffs a little. "Have you met my mom? The closest any of us ever got was sneaking a rabid squirrel into Jace's room. It was there a total of seven minutes and twenty four seconds before mom walked in and made us release him outside."

As much as I try to hold it in, I burst out laughing. "A rabid squirrel?"

She starts laughing. "We were going to bring back a duck but have wouldn't let us!"

My eyebrows raise. "What? Is he afraid of ducks or something?" I ask jokingly. When she glances around a small smile creeps its way onto my face. "He is isn't he?" I start laughing more. "This is going to be so much more fun now! God, I might actually not die of boredom."

"Two things Clary. 1. Under no circumstances do you tell Jace I told you. And 2. Whatever you do, please let me video tape it," she says taking a large bite of a green apple.

"Done," I say immediately. We shake on it and burst into a fit of giggles.

"What are you both up to?" Alec asks as he and Jace walk in.

"See, Alexander, I told you this would happen if we let them hang out. They're plotting against us," Jace says smirking.

I smile sweetly at him. "Oh, Alec's safe. But you should probably sleep with one eye open...," I trail off and pick up a spoonful of yogurt. Right before I put it in my mouth, I say a soft, "Quack."

Jace's face tenses and he pushes himself off the wall. "What was that?"

I look at him mock confused. "Why I didn't say a thing." I smirk and let out another 'quack' before I eat little more yogurt.

"I'm liking her more and more by the minute," Alec whispers to Izzy.

"Let's see how long it takes before Jace quacks." Then she throws on an innocent face and dramatically puts her hand over her mouth. "Whoops! I meant cracks."

After we've been talking a bit, I throw in a few quacks here and there. Finally, after quack numero twelve, he slams his hand on the counter. "That's it!" Jace yells as he turns to me and throws me over his shoulder causing me to squeal in surprise.

"Jace Herondale put me down!" I yell laughing. After he smugly shakes his head I ask, "Is it just me or does that quack in the ceiling look like a ducky wucky?"

"I'm so gonna get my revenge Morgenstern."

After twenty minutes of being able to forget my mission and have a good time like a normal teenager, the dreaded moment comes in the form of Maryse in the doorway. "Clary, the Silent Brothers are here."

Guys I'm DYING! I was watching my nephew Niklaus (who I just had to get to watch TVD for his namesake despite him being three) for Jordyn (his mom and my sister-in-law) so she could go to her twelve week scan (because she preggers and reluctantly agreed to my proposition of naming the baby either Rebekah or Elijah for obvious reasons. God I'm getting of track.)

So I was writing this update while we were watching TVD together and Niklaus decides to ask, "Aunt Bella, where do babies come from?" And I panicked and told him, "They're made in a baby factory in the Himalayas and are sent to the mommy's tummy after a few months so the mommy can customize it." and I'm literally dying from laughter! Aunt of the year here! XD