Chapter 1 - The New Girl

Start from the beginning

I step over the boy as I'm heading towards Damian.

"Uh, thanks for helping me out there mate. But, this doesn't mean we're friends. Got it Wayne?" I spoke as walked away from him. Hey don't judge I don't know if I can trust him yet!

"No problem Quest." I heard Damian whisper with wait, what was that in his voice? It was nothing like the tone those jerks were using. Hmm... Whatever.

--------------------

After school I went to the public gym. As I was beating the crap out of a punching bag I round house kick it and the chain broke. Well that happens when you come to the gym almost everyday and every time you come you use the same punching bag.

I walk over to pick it up when I see a shadow behind me getting closer and closer. I act out of instinct and spin around punching the opponent in the stomach as they double over then stand back up 5 seconds later I see their face... Damian!

"What are you doing here?!" I asked a bit more harshly than I meant to let on.

"What? Are you not going to apologise for punching me?" He half joked.

"No. You shouldn't be sneaking up on people." I dead pan, then I remember, "you never answered my question." I state curiously.

"I'm here to train just like you." He answered as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. It was then I noticed his attire. Forest green men's tank, and black exercise shorts that reached his knee and same green colour sneakers with his hair not gelled back, I have to admit it looks better loose. Compared to my own grey-bluey tee-shirt with skin-tight black exercise shorts that reached just above my knees, my hair in a high pony tails with my curls reaching my but, with black sneakers with green snakes on them. What, I like snakes and wolves.

I pick up the punching bag and take it over to the pile of them in the corner of the building. Picking up a new one and I walk back to the spot I was training before, reconnecting the chain, then I realised Damian was tailing me the whole time.

"Uh... Do you need something?" I ask wanting to get back to training.

"Um uh no, no. I'm going to train now. Bye." He stammered the start.

"Okay. See ya." I say turning back to the victim (punching bag) of me releasing my life frustrations out on.

My life is simple. Poor, but simple. My mother died with cancer when I was 3. 12 years ago. My dad got into drugs as soon as my mum was diagnosed. I was about 2. I basically grew up on the streets so I know the areas to avoid. I live in an apartment. My dad mostly isn't home. Comes home like once every 3 months. I have a job as an engineer, only girl that works there. Money only spent on paying the rent, school supplies and for food, sometimes material. I can make my own cloths with some sting, an old needle I have and material. I don't really like girly things. At all.

I go to Gotham Academy because I got a scholarship from Bruce Wayne. Schools hours are from 8:30am - 3:00pm. Of course Monday - Friday. I train everyday at the public gym for a solid 3 hours after school and on weekends for about 4-6 hours, depending on how I'm feeling I only don't train when something unexpected comes up or I have to work double shifts at work which is  about every 1-2 months. I know basically everyone that works here at the gym. I've even met the owner a few times since training here for 4 1/2 years. I've been coming here since I was 10. I'm 15!