Chapter 8

The coronation had ended, and the after-party started. Rulers of all the kingdoms were talking with each other. Arthion was now king of Gondor, so he had to meet and greet everyone that had come from their kingdoms. Arthion's parents basically dragged him to meet everyone. Elboron was talking with the young lady, who he had seen before he sat down for the coronation. They were laughing and having a good time together. Aurelea just followed her parents around, fore she had no interest in the after-party anymore. She knew Arthion was now king, and that he would make the announcement, that he was to marry the princess of Arador. 

Aurelea left her parents and walked over to a bench, and sat down. She looked around the room, seeing people smiling and laughing. Aurelea was so sad at that moment, that she did not get how people could be smiling. But they do not know what she is feeling right now.

Arthion was looking around the room, trying to find Aurelea, but he has not found her yet. He finally found Aurelea, who was seated at a bench, which was placed in front of the exit. He could tell something was wrong with Aurelea. She wasn't showing her beautiful smile anymore.

Aurelea eventually stood up from the bench and walked outside, from the party. Arthion saw that Aurelea walked away from the party and followed in pursuit. He stood by the door for a moment, watching Aurelea. Aurelea stood by the porch and looked up into the sky.

"A Aurelea (Hi Aurelea)." Arthion approached.

Aurelea turned around and replied, "A hir vuin (Hi my lord), Arthion."

"Hir vuin (My lord)? It is just Arthion." Arthion urged.

"You are a king now, Arthion. I must address you as hir vuin (my lord)," Aurelea clarified.

"True, I am a hir (lord) now, but it doesn't change anything."

Aurelea turned away from Arthion and continued to look at the stars. Arthion took a breath and then walked over to Aurelea. He stood on her right side. He looked up at the sky.

"Beautiful isn't it," Arthion mumbled.

Aurelea didn't say anything. All she did was let a tear fall down her cheek.

"What is wrong?" Arthion asked.

Aurelea turned to face him.

"I know this is going to be selfish of me and I know this could never be, but gi melin (I love you), Arthion. I know you are supposed to marry the princess from Arador, but I just needed to tell you, before I would regret it," Aurelea pointed out.

Arthion was so happy that Aurelea had said that. He had thought about how she might not like him, but that wasn't the case. He loved her and she loved him.

"Gi melin (I love you) too," Arthion responded.

Aurelea turned to face Arthion. She looked at his face for a moment, then she began to show her beautiful smile. They step close together, as they looked into the eyes of each other. Arthion pulled the sides of Aurelea's hair to the side with his right hand. He then started to stroke her cheeks softly. Arthion made the first move. He kissed Aurelea on the lips and put his right hand around her neck. She put her arms around his neck, with the left hand gently holding the back of his head.

When the kiss ended, they both walked back, to join the party. Aurelea walked back over to her parents, while Arthion was grabbed by his mother. She pulled him up to the steps and made everyone be quiet.

"My son would like to say who he will marry," Arwen announced. 

Everyone was quiet, including Arthion. Everyone looked at Arthion, waiting for him to say who he would marry. Aurelea was not looking forward to the word that would come out of his mouth, but she knew that Arthion will always love her, and she will always love him.

"I have decided to marry-"