The Perfect Christmas

It was Christmas time in the land of Holby. Christmas trees lay round every corner and lashings of Christmas were thrown in people's faces. But that was the way it was, and it was wonderful. The same applied to the hospital - tinsel spiraled over every doorway, Santa hats on the heads of all staff and Slade blasting his merry way round the ward. It was a truly magical time of year loved by all but two. Oliver Valentine and Zosia March. Although they didn't know it, they both shared the same dislike for the season. But they managed to bring themselves together and make the season magical.

Mo thought that it'd be funny to place random inconvenient pieces of mistletoe around Darwin for people's misfortune. Usually on the winter mornings Zosia, who lives remarkably close to the hospital, would meet Ollie in the lobby near the coffee store, ordering him a herbal tea and a cinnamon muffin. They would make the trail up to Darwin together whilst discussing the little humourous things such as what song Digby sung in the shower that evening or how loud Ollie's neighbours had decided to have sex. That fateful morning, they both walked into Darwin to be greeted by Mo's little prank and a very happy Mo pointing and yelling at them. They both slowly began to look up, the small what seemed insignificant little plant becoming so much bigger and terrifying. The whole ward, including the patients were screaming 'kiss' in chant by now, and as Zosia began to try and quieten them down in a 'erm, we're only friends' manner, Ollie kissed her straight on the lips. Zosia stepped back in surprise and they both crashed to the floor, a puddle of hot drink surrounding them and Ollie, who still had his lips attached to Zosia's face, awkwardly straddled on top of her. Everyone cheered and Mo got out her phone and took a picture, much to Zosia's distaste. She slowly pushed Ollie away, looked at her wet and stained scrubs and pulled herself up, running to the bathroom and leaving Ollie in a hot and embarrassed heap on the floor. He sat there breathless for a few seconds, before running to where Zosia disappeared. He did a little knock and walked straight in, uncovering Zosia with bottom scrubs and just a bra on top.

"Oh, god, sorry." He covered his eyes and heard a loud laugh from the corner of the room.

"Ollie, it's fine. They're just boobs - useless lumps of fat. I'm not bothered." He slowly uncovered his eyes and saw Zosia, who had a slightly blushed face, standing in the corner of the room.

"You can shut the door though." She giggled as the door clicked shut. He sat down on the sofa and watched her as she carefully walked around the room in search of a new top to wear.

"Erm, sorry about, erm, what happened in there. I just, erm-"

"Ollie, stop being so nervous. In all honesty I quite liked it." She walked over to him and sat on his lap, her breasts in full view.

"We can do it again if you, erm, like." He slowly leaned forward, grabbing Zosia's side gently. Her hair, which she had taken down, was softly touching his-

BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ

Why does this always happen? Just as I'm in the middle of a damn good dream I get woken by my alarm. It was 7am. I have work in an hour, and had to meet Zosia for our early morning coffee and cake. Ah, Zosia. Although she was a little bit annoying, she was the definition of perfect. Wow Oliver. What a sap. I got ready and went to leave, walking into the hospital to be greeted by her gracious and beautiful presence. We were both spending Christmas alone this year, and I was so tempted to ask her if she wanted to come with me, but I was too scared. I felt like a 10 year old again, asking the pretty girl to the school dance. Ugh.

"Good morning Ollie Wollie." She handed me the tea and cinnamon cake with a smile on her face.

"Morning Zosia Losia" we began to walk up the stairs and discussed our nights and how Zosia didn't want to be alone for Christmas, perfectly unaware that I was too. We walked into Darwin and I prayed, like my dream, that mistletoe was above us. But instead the ward was its usual quiet self, and everybody was too busy to talk. We parted our separate ways and did our tedious shifts. 4pm soon rolled round and we met each other in the locker room. Zosia was buttoning up her red blouse and applying lipstick in a small mirror.

"Erm, so, it turns out that I don't have anyone coming for Christmas and well, I don't really want to spend it alone. Seen as you're alone, maybe we could spend it together, if you'd like that I mean..." She turned round and looked at me in awe.

"Ollie, are you sure? I mean, I don't want to take up your personal space."

"Don't be stupid. I'd love to spend Christmas with you." I smiled at her and she walked towards me.

"Well then, it's settled. Valentine-March Christmas 2015!" She cheered and walked towards the door.

"Drink?" I asked, and with that we went to Albie's for a night of fine ale and banter. Finally a Christmas that I may actually enjoy...