5.9

Savannah

Since the death of Caleb, Ashton has been distance with he's family and friends. His been coming home late and waking up late, he doesn't give me or Dylan cuddles anymore and everything hasn't been the same. I decided to take Dylan out of the house and catch up with Luke for coffee.

"I know his hurting and I am too but Ashton isn't showing love to his son anymore and I don't know what to do" I said to Luke while he was holding Dylan.

"Ashton just needs time and I'm sure when he needs someone he's going to come straight back to you and Dylan and that baby that will be born any time soon" Luke said smiling at me.

"I hope you're right, as much as I cared for Caleb and loved him it just felt Ashton spent most of he's time on leave with Caleb and not with he's family" I said probably sounding selfish.

"He was only like that because beside he's family, Caleb meant a lot to him because he saw something in him just like you said Savannah; Ashton is going to be back to normal and move on with he's life but for now it's best just to let him be and try not to fight with him" Luke said.

"I won't fight with him, well I'll try not too" I said rolling my eyes. Ashton and I have been fighting lately and even if I want to leave, I can't. I don't have anywhere but here since I'm still not talking to my mum.

It was later that night when I decided to return home with Dylan, I opened the door only to see Ashton sitting on the sofa with a bottle of alcohol by he's side. I know I promised Luke not to argue with him but I couldn't take it anymore. I took Dylan upstairs putting him to bed, I shut the door quietly letting him sleep.

I stormed downstairs walking into the lounge room seeing Ashton getting up and rubbing he's eyes. I leaned on the door frame crossing my eyes.

"What is wrong with you"? I asked, Ashton turned his head looking at me.

"Excuse me" he questioned.

"You heard me Ashton, it's time to stop ignoring your family especially when you have a son on the way hoping he's father is going to love him no matter what, but I guess that's not going to happen because your too busy mopping around blocking everyone out of your life and I know it's hard Ashton, but it's hard for me as well and I'm trying to be a good wife for you but how can I when you're napping on the sofa with a bottle of alcohol in your hand" I said to him.

"Do you know how selfish you're sounding Savannah, this is not like you. Whatever I guess I'll sleep on the sofa tonight then" he said.

"No Ashton, I don't want to argue with you" I said shaking my head.

"Well you're doing it now Savannah, if you're not happy then why don't you just leave me and just take our sons with you" he said.

"Can you not hear yourself Ashton, I still love you and I'm trying to make this marriage work out but the question is, what about you? Do you still want to be with me? Do you still want to work out this marriage"? I asked, Ashton was quiet and looked down.

"I...I don't know" he said, it was heartbreaking to hear that.

"Right well I guess you will be sleeping on the sofa tonight" I said turning away walking up stairs. I opened the door to the bedroom lying down on the bed crying, I loved Ashton so much I would do anything for him but he wasn't sure if he loved me back and it truly hurts.

Caleb's parents finally decided to have a funeral. Anna Marie decided to look after Dylan for us while we went out. Ashton and I haven't talked since our argument, it's been small talk and no kissing or anything. I was getting into my dress looking in the mirror while I saw Ashton in the reflection trying to do his tie but he was too mad to get. He threw it down running a hand through he's hair, I took a deep breath and turned around walking over towards him picking up the tie.

"Come here" I said, Ashton turned around looking down at the ground while I fixed his tie.

"I'm sorry" he said. He looked up at me once I finished fixing the tie and I saw pain in his eyes. "I'm so sorry that I haven't been a good husband or a good father to Dylan or the baby; I'm just sorry for everything please, please forgive me" he said tears streaming down his face. "I love you and I don't want to lose you" I pulled he's face close to me and pulled him into a kiss to show him how much I love him.

"I love you too Ashton and I don't want to fight again, I mean we will at some point but right now we just need to be there for each other" I said smiling at him. Ashton smiled down on me and gave me a kiss on the forehead. "Come on we better get going or else we'll be late" I said holding he's hand

It was a beautiful ceremony for Caleb. Family, friends all came together but for the wrong reason but we looked back on his life and how great it was.

"Ashton Irwin, who was Caleb's best friend will say a couple of words now" said the man. Ashton got up standing in front of everyone showing off a brave face to show he was fine.

"Caleb, where do I begin? I remember the first time I walked into the children's hospital and I was a patient myself and I had one of the nurses take me over to the children's hospital to get my mind off things and that's when I met Caleb. He's wish was to meet an army man and that's what he got, he got me; I don't know what happened but that kid was something special throughout the years I got to know Caleb more and more, he became like a little brother to me and I kept my promise to him and that was to visit him every time I came back from war to let him know I was healthy and alive. Caleb taught me that we only have one life and we better make the most of it and that's exactly what I'm doing for him. He will always be my little brother and always be in my heart and he will never be forgotten" Ashton said, I noticed a tear drop and I wanted to run up to him and give him a hug but I also needed to stay strong. "Thank you" he said, he sat down next to me and I put my head on he's shoulder.

"Thank you for being here" he whispered.

"You're welcome" I said back.

The ceremony came to an end but Ashton wanted to stay back and just think to himself while I spoke to Caleb's parents.

"Ashton said such beautiful words, I hope he's okay" Caleb's mum said.

"He's just like the rest of us, slowly healing" I said.

"Well we better get going" Caleb's dad said. "Thank you for everything you've done Savannah, it means so much to us and we wish you the best in the future" he said.

"You too" I said giving them a hug. They got into their car and I turned around walking towards Ashton watching him put down a flower on he's grave.

"Ready to go"? I asked, Ashton stood up turning around nodding he's head.

"Yep, we better go get Dylan" he said holding onto my hand walking back to the car. I sat down in the seat while Ashton got into the driver's seat, before he started to car up I felt myself pee and that's when I realised what was happening. I held onto Ashton's arm and said.

"Ashton"

"What? What's going on"? He asked.

"The baby, my water just broke" I said confused, the baby wasn't supposed to come just yet it was too soon.

"Hang on tight Savannah, we will be there soon" Ashton said starting the car up.